🌺 CHAPTER THIRTEEN🌺

This chapter is dedicated to Sekawe
and my lil bro, who's turning eight today. Happy birthday darling.😘😘

Above is a picture of Nora.

--------------------------------

EVAN'S POV:

"Thank you, Sir." I said, waving at the driver and walking into the school building.

A school I was forced to go to because, apparently, it's managed by my stepmom.

"Evan." I turned to my side.

"Hmmm?".

"I'm gonna try to talk to Ann today." Sharon said, staring at the floor.

"Try not to be rude, okay?" I said and she nodded in reply.

We continued to walk further into the school building in silence as I ignored the usual stares of people and finger pointing.

Doesn't that ever get old?!

"Evan, I'm going to try to recreate some moments we shared. You know, maybe she would have a feeling of Deja Vu." She said.

I sighed as I put my hands into my trouser pockets.

"To be honest, Sharon, Our chances of actually getting her to be friends with us again are pretty slim." I said, my eyes still looking ahead.

"Our? Really? I'm the one who gave off a bad impression of myself and you're saying our?!" Sharon thundered.

I moved away from her a bit, taken aback by her rise in temper.

"Sharon, she's scared of me. I don't know why. She acts really strange when she's with me like I'm some kind of scary beast or something. Ann's changed." I sighed, walking quicker and farther from Sharon.

I really didn't want to talk about the issue.
But I knew one thing, Ann was going to get her memory back!

I got to the front of the door and pushed the door open, taking slow strides into the class as Sharon came in after me.

My gaze fell on Ann as she laughed away happily with her new friends. The girl I could never remember her name but probably starts with the letter n, the Muslim and the wierd guy in circle framed glasses.

I remember when she use to laugh like that...with me.

I slouched my shoulders and walked over to my seat beside Ann. She stopped talking all of a sudden and I could feel her heated gaze on me.

I turned to look at her and waved at her, smiling, but instead of doing the same she pushed herself to the wall as if wanting to go deeper inside it and stared at me with hateful eyes.

Again, I sighed and rested my head on my desk.

Great way to begin a school day!

Few minutes later, I could hear loud voices and students greeting a teacher in unison.

I didn't even care if a teacher stood at the front of the class. Apparently, she need our listening ears and I'm doing just that, after all, eyes aren't for hearing, are they?

"Good morning class, have your seat." She said. And immediately, I could hear screeching chairs and tables and the chatters of my classmates.

"I won't stay long because we're having a teacher's meeting few moments from now." She said. I raised my head a little, only to see the students rejoicing as the class clown, Ayomide, knelt down and kissed the floor, then, raising his hands and muttering few words in happiness.