🌺 CHAPTER EIGHT 🌺

EVAN'S POV:

Climbing out of my Dad's SUV, I walked lazily into the house. All I wanted was to go up straight into my room and do nothing more but lay on my bed and continuously stare at the ceiling.

I pushed the door open to see the few maids my father hired doing their respective works.

"Good afternoon mas."  I greeted, not caring to spare them a glance. Though, I could hear their scoffs.

A voice followed, greeting as well. I climbed lazily up the stairs and when about to enter my room, I heard a voice call my name.

Rolling my eyes, I followed the voice and found myself in the kitchen.

"Good afternoon." I greeted, reluctantly. I felt a painful sting on my cheek all of a sudden.

"–Ma. I've always told you to add ma or mum when greeting me. Obviously, we're not mates." Caroline said, looking at scornfully.

"Can I go now?" I asked, trying not to look pained by the hot slap I had received.

She looked at me in dismay. "When you're done changing out of your uniform come downstairs and clean this house, along with your sister." She said. I raised a brow and gave a short glance at the maids supposedly doing their work, my anger rising.

"Clean the house?! Why do you think we have maids?!" I yelled, feeling anger all of a sudden.

"Do I look like I care you good for nothing child?! I don't know why your dad still lets you mad dogs live here!!". I dragged her by her collar angrily, getting her startled.

"Don't you dare fight me. I am your mother!" She yelled.

"Correction, Step-mother." I smiled. Pulling out a knife slowly, I left it dangling on my hand. "You know I'm not a sane person. If you're not careful I'll be the dea––".

Loud music played from the sitting room all of a sudden and I dropped my bag and jumped out of the kitchen with glee, feeling hyper.

"Focus!" I yelled as I hopped towards the TV. Laughing, I danced to the beat of the song until it came to an end.

I smiled and winked at Caroline as I grabbed my school bag and went back up the stairs.

Tossing my bag at a random direction as soon as I got to my room, I collapsed on my bed.

"Why is life always full of disappointments?" I sighed. A minute later, I stood up to take off my clothes.

As I changed into my casuals, my gaze fell on an old picture glued on the top  of my drawer. I walked towards it slowly and carressed the girl in the picture.

"What happened to you Ann?" I sighed. A tear drop rolled down my cheek as I stared at the picture.

A true friend gone forever, maybe not physically but emotionally and mentally she was.

                                    •°•°•
As I did my assignments, I heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I asked, getting up to open the door.

"It's Sharon!" She yelled. I opened the door for her quickly and let her come in.

"Dad's back home." She said. I nodded and went back to continue my assignment.

Shortly after, I was called. I ran down the stairs and saw my father seated on a sofa in the living room with Caroline resting her head on his laps.

"Good evening Sir." I greeted.

"Evening". He said, resting his scourching gaze on me.

"Come and stand here." He said angrily, pointing at a space near him. Reluctantly, I took slow strides to the area.