🌺 CHAPTER SEVENTEEN 🌺

This chapter is dedicated to Chigal17
If not for her I wouldn't be doing another double update today. Lol.

                                 •°•°•
We had gotten out of Evan's house after he gave few instructions to the servants. But suddenly, he halted and went back.

"What?" I asked.

"I'll be right back." He said. I sighed and had no choice but to wait for him.

Why was he coming with me? He's been playing a huge role in making those nightmares feel more like torture and I needed to know... How all that happened.

Few seconds later, Evan's head peaked out of the gate as he smiled and gestured for us to come in again.

I raised a brow at him and groaned while Pastor Ikemefuna on the other hand, simply nodded and complied.

"My driver can take us there instead of wasting money." He said.

Now that I think about it, I was actually supposed to call my mum to come pick me up but then again, waiting for her would take time and we were all in a hurry.

I shrugged and walked towards his car. He moved to the back and pushed the back car door open, gesturing for me to get in.

I glanced at him and gave him a quick smile before stepping in. Pastor Ikemefuna sat beside me, while Evan sat in the front seat.

The car drive was quiet and the only times it wasn't was whenever I had to give a direction to my house.

Finally, we got to my house and as we approached the gate, I glanced at Evan behind me, who was busy speaking with his driver.

I knocked on the gate, and not too long an eye could be seen on the small rectangular hole in the gate. The hole got closed again and there were few seconds of silence.

Finally, the small part of the gate was pushed open and I could not contain my excitement on who I saw.

"Hannah!!" I yelled, giddily as I ran towards her and pulled her in a hug.

"I know I know. I missed you too." She said.

"You have no idea." I smiled, still maintaining the hug. Suddenly, I pulled back and glanced at her.

"When did you get here?".

"I arriv–"

"Is your dad here?".

"Uum, n–"

"Why didn't you call me when you arrived? Why didn't you ask my mum to call me when you arrived? When di–"

"Ejiro!" I was forced to shut up as Hannah shook me continuously.

"Who are those?" She whispered, pointing behind me.

I had completely forgotten about them.

"Oh!" I said, turning around.

"Pastor Ikemefuna, Evan meet Hannah, my best friend. Hannah meet Pastor Ikemefuna and Evan." I smiled.

"It is a pleasure meeting you dear one." Pastor Ikemefuna said.

"Yeah, what he said." Evan smiled, stretching out his hand for a handshake which Hannah did gladly but slowly, I could see the visible frown that formed on her face as she stared at Evan.

"The Evan?" She asked. That's when I realized the reason for her change in expression.

"Let's get inside." I said, pulling her forward and gesturing for the others to follow.