4-The Hard Work

-fitting song for the chapter daddy issues by the neighbourhood-

❗Tw: mention of suicide attempt, and depression
Please skip if you are uncomfortable with these topics, it is a backstory at the start!❗

Wilbur

My life has never been great, ever.

Ever since I saw the day of light I wished to just die.

My mom was very young when she had me. Around 16.

That is why my dad left her, right after I came to the world. My mom always told me that my father said and I quote "He will be the biggest disappointment" before leaving my mom and I.

I guess he wasn't wrong. Because I never did any of my works. Homeworks, exams, test. I didn't do any of them.

It wasn't because I didn't care or I didn't want to. It was because of the fact that I hit the deep real hard.

I was diagnosed with depression at the age of 11.

I was only a kid when my therapist told me that I had depression. Can you imagine how it felt knowing that?

It stung. So deep in my heart, that I felt like I couldn't breathe. I wasn't surprised. I already guessed it.

No one ever showed me love. Except my mom, who was working two shifts ever day.

She only had breaks on Saturdays and sometimes also on Sundays.

She did all that just for me to graduate and be the perfect son. She wanted me to prove my dad wrong. But I didn't care.

The opinion of others didn't bother me. They gave me another reason to fucking kill myself.

I hated everything. I hated being alive. I hated my friends. I hated my mom at some point. But most of all, I hated myself.

No matter how much love my mom showed me I didn't see it.

She told me that my nose is perfect. I didn't see it. In fact I started seeing it the opposite on what she described.

My body was heavy.

Really heavy.

I had glasses.

I was done with my life.

I didn't see the point of living.

Which was why, I took a shits loads of pills and swallowed it.

I had locked myself in my room and sat on the cold floor.

My mom was coming late tonight. She had to work afterhours.

There wasn't anyone who would have been able to save me in time.

That made me crack a smile.

My hands were holding the bottle of pills, which I just swallowed.

My legs were laying on the cold floor, as my eyes started to get dizzy.

My hands started getting weaker and weaker as the seconds passed.