19-The Hostage

-fitting song for the chapter: hostage by billie eilish(1 hour)-

Author's Pov

It was quiet in the room.

Karl was knocked out, laying on the cold breeze basement floor.

Bad had left George there because he didn't want to have anything to do with him.

Bad wanted Karl only to convience him to join the good side and expose what else he knows about the plan.

Bad was certain that Karl and George kept something from him, they didn't trust him that much, considering the fact that Bad always wanted to be good but always failed.

He didn't give up trying to become the hero of the story though. That is why he was holding Karl hostage.

Karl used to be a good guy as well, it was George who changed him into a bad person.

George forced Karl to kill an innocent person for fun.

George made Karl a villain along side himself.

And that only because he hated being alone.

A few days after George and Karl abandoned Bad, he made it into a daily thing to go to their room, hug the pillow they used to sleep on and cry.

He would think to himself if he was a shitty person for wanting to be good.

Often, Philza would hear his cries and try comforting him.

They were all young.

Way too young to be having to kill someone for money but that was their only choice.

It's not like George and Karl chose to be the bad guys.

Karl was in it for money and George...

Well, he liked to distract himself from his mental problems, or from everything else. He killed to feel something, any kind of emotion.

It didn't matter to him what kind of emotion he felt, whether it was happiness, sadness, anger, disappointment, confusion or shock he liked feeling the emotion.

It made him feel alive.

Now back to Karl and Bad.

It has been 5 minutes and Karl's eyes were slowly opening.

As a trained assasin, his first instinct wasn't adjusting himself and sitting on the floor to rub his neck where Bad had smacked him with the back of a gun.

His first instinct was, jumping up, standing there and reaching for his gun.

Which he obviously couldn't find because Bad took it from him.

"Relax" Bad said.

"Huh? How- How the fuck am I the hostage and- you? " Karl was as confused as Bad was after he managed to successfully knock Karl out.

"Well, you are stupid and I am smart. While you were trying to kill me, I took your gun from your hand and smacked you with it. " He explained.