26

|Vienne

I woke up to the sound and smell of sizzling bacon and eggs. The sun has just risen and its beautifully clear in our apartment.

I walked to the kitchen, still sleepy but I can't wait to see Keith.

He was facing his back at me, shirtless. He was focused on cooking that he probably didn't notice me sat down by the counter. I saw the cups of coffee and soymilk in front me and I took the soymilk. I tasted his coffee first and I regretted it. It's so strong, how is he able to drink that?

"Why would you taste it in the first place?" he chuckled when he saw me disgusted after tasting his coffee.

"You seem to really like coffee so I thought I'd check what's so special about it," I said and proceed on drinking my soymilk.

"You're getting jealous about coffee now?" he said and served breakfast.

"I'm not that childish," I replied and ate the food he put in front of me.

"It's Monday. Do you have exams today?" he asked and I frowned at his question. It's so early for that kind of questions.

"I don't know. I'll pass it anyway if we have one," I boasted and he laughed.

"Of course, why did I even bother worrying?" he gave up and ate his food as well.

"Vienne," he called and I look up to him. He seems serious?

"If I resign being a teacher, what do you think?" he asked and I was confused. Why would he ask me something like that? It's not like it's my decision to make.

"You know that's up to you, right? Are you thinking about resigning? Is it soon? Do you want to resign? Why are you resigning?" I just have to ask them all at once. I'm afraid I'll lose the chance of asking the rest.

"Yeah, I'm thinking after your graduation. It's not that I want to resign. It's just that I think I have more responsibility in our family business," he explained.

Oh. I just thought it was so sudden. Turns out it's about family matters.

"Are you handling it alone? Your family's business?" I asked again.

"Nope. I'm doing it with my brother," he replied.

Wow. I don't even know he has a brother, huh? Congratulations, Vienne. One way to start a relationship with your Math teacher.

"As long as you're comfortable doing your work and as long as you still have time for me, I'll support whatever your decision is," I said and it made him laugh.

He gave me a peck on my lips and messed my already messy bed hair.

"You're the most important decision," he said.

After hearing those words, my heart beat faster and it just won't calm down. No, stop. I keep on falling over and over again. I might be afraid on missing this kind of moment and I don't know what would I do if I did miss it.

"Stop. I'll get horny," I told him and stood up when I finished eating. I went to my room to prepare my uniform and stuff for school.

"You didn't ask for your morning sex," he reminded while in the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not a sex addict," I replied.

"Yes, you are," he added. Is he asking for it?

"You sound like you're more fitted to the title," I replied, not giving up to his argument.

"Maybe I am," his voice sounded closer so I looked back to see him standing by the door.

I sighed. "Sir, it's a school day," I reminded him, in case he forgot.