30

The 5-hour flight has finally landed.

A car was waiting for them at the airport to take them to the place they'll be staying at.

It was kind of a long drive, giving their destination is by the sea and Vienne was mesmerized to see the ocean although it was dark but the moon's reflections glistened on the water.

They will be staying at the floating cottages on the sea, at one of the best rooms at that.

"Holy shit. I'm actually in Maldives," expressed Vienne and took out his phone to take pictures.

"Let's check the whole place when the sun's up and once you've taken a rest. I'll buy you everything you want," K stroked the back of Vienne's hair as if he is the most precious thing ever.

Vienne giggled with his touch and words. He felt so spoiled and everything felt so surreal once again. He never thought he'd experience something like this and now he's here... in Maldives.

"K, if ever this was a dream, I never want to wake up. I'd stay with you even if you only came to collect my soul. I'd give it to you freely," Vienne poetically said, his gaze still outside the open window of the car, at the sea.

K was speechless hearing what Vienne had said. It must be one of those indirect 'I love yous' he's been hearing about. Those that gives much more meaning than just three simple words.

"Me too, Vienne." K unconsciously replied.

Oh, god. He's down bad for this guy. There's no way he'd let anything or anyone take him from him. He'd risk it all.

"Vienne... would you leave me?" K asked out of nowhere.

Vienne jolted at the question. He slowly turned back to look at K and he saw a pair of eyes with full of fear and anxiety. There was a glimpse of deep darkness and loneliness inside his favorite pair of eyes.

The boy held out his hand to K's warm cheek and rubbed his skin with his thumb. Before he spoke, he made sure to fight the darkness in K's eyes with his loving stares and soft expressions.

"I will always be with you. I promise," but to promise just like that, Vienne must've been ready to risk it all too.

It must've been in a spur of the moment that they were able to say those things without any second thoughts. Does it really matter if they regret those words in the future? After all, it was the present that only matters.

They finally arrived in their hotel and they approached the front desk to check in. Their bags were taken care of and will be brought their room.

"I have a reservation under the name of Keith Han," K informed the hotel staff and waited for the keys to be handed.

"May I know your companion's name and your relationship, sir?" the staff asked and K looked at Vienne behind him.

Vienne was silently and patiently waiting for K to finish checking in. He smiled at his way as he looked at him.

"His name is Vienne Son and you can label him as family," K finished informing.

"Alright, that will be all, sir. Here's your key cards and you can call the front desk for other services. Enjoy your stay," the staff smiled hospitably and they went on to follow the staff with their luggages.

The sun is about to rise any minutes now as seen in the vast view of the ocean and it will be much beautiful as they settle in their floating hotel room.

"How long are we going to stay here again?" Vienne asked, mesmerized by the view.

"Three days, love," K answered and let Vienne wander before him.

Vienne looked so happy and pretty as he ran ahead to watch the beautiful sunrise and he kept on glancing at K behind him, encouraging him to see the beautiful day ahead of them.

K's world was in slow motion as he watched Vienne.

How could he look so pretty and careless? He looks free and innocent, like a child in love. All that glory overflowing... I want to keep him close and caged. I want to keep him away from the world and all to myself.

Clearly, his heart is already stolen. And he wants it to be... forever and never found.

They finally arrived in their room and Vienne excitingly went for the sliding door, entering the balcony, and inhaled the fresh air of the morning and the sea. The water was so clear underneath him and it was tempting to soak in.

"I'll have room service deliver your breakfast here in a while and take a rest while you can, you hear me, Vienne?" K called as he took off his clothes to put on new ones. He's getting ready for the meeting scheduled for today.

"What? You're leaving already?" Vienne went back inside and his pretty smile somewhat disappeared.

"I have a meeting at seven and I won't be back until lunch. You can call room service on your own, right?" he left a reminder and Vienne was completely drooped.

"But I thought we're supposed to enjoy Maldives together?" Vienne sadly reminisced.

"We will, as soon as I'm done with everything with the meeting and all," K finished putting on his clothes and shoes. He fixed his silver watch and brushed off dust from his coat.

Vienne leaned in to fix his tie and collar. "And here I thought I was your priority," Vienne purposely provoked K's ego.

K paused at the thought of him really saying something similar. He didn't regret it but it sure is a dangerous weapon against him.

"Fine. The board of directors are just a call away," K tried to reach for his phone but Vienne pulled him back by his collar.

"I was just joking. I won't treat you like that. Get that bag, okay? It's for me anyways," Vienne gave him a peck on the lips and got away from him.

K scoffed at what his boyfriend said and laughed it off. It's the fortune he's after, just next to the list under sex. It's common sense.

"I'll get going now. Call me if there's an emergency. I love you," K closed the door behind and left Vienne alone.

Vienne smiled at his last words and shyly looked away to the sea.

"Fuck, he really knows how to get me," Vienne whispered to himself.