9

this chapter might contain violence and rape. you have been warned.

|Keith

I extended my hand to hug Vienne but he wasn't beside me anymore. That's when I realized it's already morning. I finally stood up to find him.

"Vienne?" I called.

No one answered. I went back to the bedroom and took my phone and I saw his message.

I didn't wake you up anymore and I went to Ashley's early. We'll be attending school together.

I heaved a sigh of relief. I don't know but I was worried. There's no reason for him to leave without saying anything anyway. But I got an uneasy feeling about it.

That he'll just disappear suddenly.

I got ready for work and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

I got a sudden meet up with a friend yesterday and I haven't given Vienne his reward yet. I don't know if he'll like it but I want to give him something memorable. I wanted to give him a necklace. It's a couple of dog tags that I personalized myself so that means it had my name on it and the other day I made another with his name.

After minutes of taking a shower, I dressed and I was ready to leave. In just 20 minutes of driving, I finally arrived at the school.

"Mr. Han, everyone's needed in the faculty immediately for a meeting," I was heading towards Vienne's homeroom when a co-teacher called out to me.

Well, shit. I wanted to see Vienne, though.

-

Lunch just ended and minutes from now, my class will be starting in Vienne's classroom. I wanted to talk to Vienne so I came a little early and just right on time, I saw him walking inside with Ashley.

"Vienne," I called.

He stopped but he just stared at me and continued walking inside. He wasn't smiling at all. Ashley was left there standing.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked Ashley.

"Y'know, Mr. Han, I've been friends with Vienne since we were children. I'm his best friend. I know everything you didn't know about him. I can see through him and I can tell if he's faking his emotions. And now that he's your responsibility, I just really hope you're being responsible. Please do better," he said before continuing to enter the room.

I don't really get what's happening with Vienne but Ashley's words made sense. It's been weeks when Vienne started living with me and I grew fond of him but I never asked him about his frustrations. I've always seen him as a happy type of person.

Is he mad because I left him last night?

I entered the classroom right after the bell rang. As I'm walking in front of the class, my gaze is fixated on Vienne. He's not looking at me at all.

"Good afternoon, class," I greeted.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Han," they greeted back.

"Everyone has 30 minutes of self-studying and after that, a quiz with 50 items," most of them groaned after I said that. I'm pissed and not in the mood to discuss, so I let them improvise.

I sat on my chair leaning and crossed my legs. I just stared at him trying to point out what could make him mad.

My phone rang and it was Gahee calling, the friend I met up with last night.