SEVENTY SIX 🌸

HE BROUGHT us to the junkyard, a veritable treasure cove for spare parts

I sat on someone's crushed tractor while he danced jumping from bonnet to bonnet on wasted cars. He swung his hips rhythmically in between swigging back the communion wine.

"Damn, this stuff is lethal!" He claimed, after each sip. "Disgusting too. I love it!" I laughed.

He moonwalked back over the hood of a squished car and tripped on the edge. "Whoops." He laughed, swaying from side to side.

"You are going to get yourself killed, please get down from there." He flopped down onto the hood and criss-crossed his legs.

"So, Blue was perfect for you huh?" He chugged the wine and then grimaced. "Damn, so strong."

"In my fathers eyes, yes." I chugged the wine too, it was vinegary and bitter. I made a few involuntary noises to display how disgusting I found it. "But in my eyes, he was as boring as a paper towel."

"Well, no one can describe me as boring that's for sure." I laughed. "I just don't necessarily know if that's a good thing." He swallowed down more wine.

"It is." He smiled coyly, his cheeks turning pink at the compliment and my insides warmed. I shoved his shoulder playfully "I'm mad at you, jackass."

"Ouch! And why?" He rubbed his shoulder.

"Because of that dance, with her." He shrugged, so carefree and knocked back the wine again.

"I dance with everyone." He commented.

"I know." I rolled my eyes, clearly displaying my discontentment with that. Arlo chuckled.

"It's just dancing."

"And flirting." I chimed in.

"It's just being friendly." He defended.

"No, it's definitely flirting." He laughed and shook his head, drinking more wine. "Has she ever made a move on you?"

"Who, Kara?"

"No the pope." I answered back sarcastically.

"No, we were just dancing Blossom. She's not some sex-hungry vixen, that's just how people make her out. Yourself included.

You don't gotta be uncomfortable or jealous of anyone, I told you I'm strictly a monogamous guy. The flirting with girls and guys, it's never going to go anywhere beyond just being friendly.

The way I am it has just always been a safety blanket for me, if I act crazy on a normal day people won't really question my behaviour on a manic day. I can get away with hiding my bipolar easier.

They don't look at me and think 'Arlo is crazy' they say 'Arlo is just being Arlo.' So I'm overly flirty. I dance. I joke around. I do stupid stuff. It's just how I am but I know my boundaries. I would never kiss someone else, touch them or whatever."