The Party

You spent the afternoon getting ready for Dolores' party. You really didn't have any nice clothes but you settled on a sage green day dress. you had a few dresses you intentionally refused to wear in the bakery so they wouldn't get ruined and this is one of them. it was very pretty, admittedly.
You snuck down into the bakery so that you could take some vanilla and use it as a perfume. one of your mothers classic ways of dressing herself up.
on your way there you felt so incredibly nervous. Why?
luckily a few other people were arriving at the same time as you. no one you really knew other than a few people who periodically stopped by the bakery.
when you got to the front door with a few others, casita let you in all together. it was bright inside and bustling with people. you didn't realize this would be such an event. you suddenly felt insecure about not knowing anyone.
"Hey!" it was Mirabel. "Como esta Y/N?"
"Good! thank you for having me!" you smiled at her.
she seemed more happy than usual. free and youthful, dancing around a little as she greeted those who showed up. she was quickly whisked away and you no longer knew anyone again. you headed to the courtyard where people were mingling. you saw Dolores in the center of the dance floor dancing with Mariano and some of her other friends. you watched them from the corner of the courtyard, it looked really fun. maybe you would join them in a minute. Dolores lifted a hand to wave at you. you waved back to her.
"hey" a familiar voice said above you. you looked up and it was the strongest madrigal. she was so tall. she probably stood over a foot above you and you were pretty tall yourself. She looked really beautiful tonight. You couldn't quite put your finger on what it was.
"Luisa!" you let a sigh of relief out.
"I don't really know many of these people. well besides my family" she gave an awkward smile
"I don't really either." you said, examining the group of dancers to make sure what you were telling Luisa was true.
"Hey uh...." Luisa trailed off. You looked up at her to show you wanted to hear what she had to say. "Thank you for giving me that pastry today."
"You already said thank you Luisa! but your welcome" you laughed
"It's just, Uh-" She paused, stumbling over her words a little. "I'm used to doing a lot for people in Encanto, and people don't return the favor that often so it meant a lot." Was she blushing? "Not that I want handouts or anything! it was just exciting"
"Thank you Luisa. I know you do a lot for Encanto. I'm happy to provide baked goods in exchange for all the good you do for us" You smiled up at her. Her eyes looked glassy, almost as if she was near tears. She gave you a hug. it was a really good hug too.
She pulled away a little abruptly "Sorry was that weird?"
"No! I-"
"Come dance Luisa!!" Antonio, the littlest Madrigal kid, interrupted. He was beaming and pulling on Luisa's hand
"Only if Y/N comes with!" Luisa said with a giggle. without hesitation Antonio grabbed your hand as well and pulled you onto the dance floor.
The night was filled with dancing, giggles and food. Which was amazing by the way. Julietta's cooking was so good. You had only had it once as a kid when you broke your arm. So it was strangely comforting to have it again.
At the end of the night you were saying your goodbyes to the family when Luisa came up to you again "Hey can I talk to you really quick?" she asked. you felt nervous. what could she need to say to you so urgently?
"Uh yeah! do you wanna go somewhere private?" you asked
"Yeah come this way" she said, leading you over to the stairwell.
when you got there you stood up on the third step so you could look her in the eye. You could tell she was sweating a little bit. You never thought Luisa Madrigal would be nervous. she always seemed so calm and cool and collected. It was like you were looking at her in an intimate moment you weren't really supposed to see.
"What's wrong Luisa? you look nervous" you could see she was wringing her hands together and avoiding eye contact.
"I uhm," She paused, looking up at you finally, her eyes were glowing and her cheeks were red. your heart was moving quickly in your chest. you wanted to shout at her to just spit it out! but you tried to stay patient because you knew it was probably hard for her. "I just wanted to tell you you look really pretty tonight." she dropped her eyes again
"That's it?" you let out a little giggle. "thank you Luisa"
"Well not just tonight! all the time. like in the bakery today you had a little flower on your nose it was just really cute" she looked horrified that she confessed this in me. "I think I drank a little too much wine and I'll regret this in the morning so i'm just gonna go" she turned on her heel to go.
it took you a second to process what just happened. Luisa thinks I'm pretty? and she's leaving? wait! go after her!!
you hopped down the stairs and chased after her. having to jog to catch up. when you reached her you touched her shoulder and she turned back around abruptly and your faces were suddenly Very close. you were both frozen for a moment before you finally thought of something to say.
"I think you're really pretty too, Luisa"
her eyes lit up and she spoke just barely at a whisper "Really?" she said. She was smiling widely. and you probably were too. you just gave her a slow nod. her smile grew.
You leaned up towards her on your tippy toes, luckily she got your message and she leaned in too. She put her hand on your back and paused for a second. She kissed you. it was short but amazing.
"Wow" you whispered. Completely dumbfounded and smiling like an idiot.
She kissed you once more.