The Kiss

You and Luisa kissed on the hill until it was fully dark outside. She pulled you into her lap and you made out with each other for what felt like hours. She was so beautiful. She put her palms on the sides of your face. She was so warm everywhere. It was like being basked in sunlight. Your hands tangled in her long curly hair. She smiled while you kissed her. You kissed the edges of her smile. Every once in a while she let out a little sigh. it was like being high. You didn't want this moment to end. She gave you butterflies everywhere Everywhere.

You couldn't help but think about how crazy the last few days had been and how lucky it was that you ended up here with Luisa tonight. Thank you Dolores for bringing Luisa by the bakery. you thought. and then you remembered Oh god Dolores can hear us. The notion made you pull away from Luisa abruptly. Luisa's face dropped. Her hands went from your face to gently steadying you on the back.
"Y/N" she sounded so worried, "What's wrong, I'm sorry I-"
"I just remembered Dolores can hear us" you whispered.
Her face changed from worry to shock to laughter. She was giggling, so much she fell over, leaving you alone sitting up on her legs as she clutched her belly giggling so much. You were laughing too. You bailed on her legs and assumed a position laying down next to her, both of you laughing about how her cousin totally was in on you two sucking face for the last hour. Luisa's laugh was deep and boisterous and infectious. You looked over at her as she continued to giggle. Her curls framing her face in a perfect messy halo.
As her laughs settled you whispered "Sorry Dolores" which made her laugh again and pull you in for another kiss. Being so close to Luisa was so strange. you had known of her for so long but not up close and this was just next level. Her kisses slowed as she wrapped her arms around you. you could feel her muscles against your waist. You stared into her brown eyes, they sparkled in the moonlight. there was a silence between the two of you for a moment. You were both taking in each others presence. You wanted to memorize every part of her, the way her curls fell onto the blanket and around her, the way her muscles peaked out of her shirt, the way her nose scrunched when she smiled. As good as this moment felt, you knew that it was fleeting. Luisa was a Madrigal and you were just some girl.

"What's wrong, Y/N?" Luisa whispered. You hadn't realized your fears had been visible on your face.
"I just," you sighed. Luisa brought her hand up to your cheek. She looked at you deeply, you could tell she was concerned for you. It was comforting to have her care so much. "I'm scared of this ending. Your family is just so well known in town and I'm just, not, yknow?"
she furrowed her brow. "Y/N, I don't what this to end either. And my family has nothing to do with how you make me feel." she was playing with your hair.
you blushed, "and how is it that i make you feel?"
"Well, you make me feel like i'm in this alternate universe where I'm not the strong one, I'm just a girl kissing a beautiful girl"
That made you frown. "You don't want to be strong?" you always assumed having a gift like the Madrigals would be the best thing that could ever happen to anyone, you had no idea that Luisa may not love her gift
"Not always." she looked away from you, like she was embarrassed, you grabbed her chin and pointed her face back up to yours. you wanted her to know how much you wanted to hear what she had to say. "It's just a lot of work when everyone needs you for everything. It's nice to just be girls kissing on a hill sometimes yknow?"
you nodded. It honestly hadn't occurred to you how much of a toll her gift could take on her. Her eyes were glossy like she was near tears.
you put your hands on her cheeks "I'm so sorry your strength has given you so much to carry" she nodded "But, if you need a girl to kiss you to forget about all that, I will gladly supply the lips" she laughed with tears in her eyes

"Thank you Y/N"
"hey I meant it" she laughed again before pulling you into her kiss once again