A Pattern

Since the Madrigal Family had known about you and Luisa they had all interacted with you kindly but very differently.

Abuela Alma was solemn but kind. She hardly spoke to you but it wasn't bad because at least she wasn't critical of you. She let you know you were always welcome at Casita and that meant a lot.

Julietta's and Augusin were very kind. They asked you about your life and tried to get to know you as best as possible. Julietta and you bonded over your love of baking.

Pepa and Felix were always a joy to be around. They were the type of couple you wished so badly to be. It was so clear they were soulmates, they complemented each other so well. Just being in their presence made you feel welcome and warm.

Isabella was friendly but wasn't shy about threatening you a time or two. She made it very clear that you were not to mess with her sister. She was very protective and it was honestly very sweet. It took a little while if you coming around before she started warning up to you.

Dolores and you were already friends before you were with Luisa. You were still friendly, always gossiping and chatting. Especially in the mornings when she came by the bakery. She brought Mariano by a lot lately, you could tell she was. absolutely smitten with him. Even more so after he proposed.

Camillo was always trouble. He started coming into the Bakery more, mooching for free desserts. You always made him work for them even though you knew you were gonna give him whatever he wanted. He teased Luisa about you, which always flustered her. It was honestly cute to see them interacting.

Mirabel was often aloof, doing her own thing, but always tried her best to be kind to you, even if it was just waving or saying hello. Sometimes she came into the bakery with Camillo too, giggling as he sweet-talked his way into pan dulce for the both of them.

Antonio was the sweetest child ever. So wholesome, he asked you some questions and tried to tell you about himself. Sometimes he even told you "secrets" about Luisa. which were not really secrets at all, just silly stuff like, "her favorite color is red" he took it very seriously like he was giving you top secret gossip. it was very sweet.

Getting to see most of them as you walked into Casita today was exciting. They had just finished their family breakfast so they were all dispersing to get ready to do their chores for the day.

"Hola Y/N!" camillo said, the first one to see you.

Luisa's head snapped to you as soon as he said your name, her eyes lit up when she saw you. Your heart melted a little.

"Hola Madrigals!" you smiled.

"Hola" they chimed in unison.

Luisa rushed to you with a smile on her face. She kissed your cheek, putting her hands on your waist "Hey"

"Hey" you smiled.

"I can't stay long I gotta go work on the houses soon" she said.

"That's okay! i just had this for you" you pulled your letter out from your waistband and handed it to her.

She looked down at it in her hands "You wrote me back?"

"Of course i did" You smiled

She clutched the letter to her chest and smiled. "That's so sweet, thank you"

You kissed her on the cheek "Thank You"

She blushed. "Are you free tonight? maybe you could come over"

"I can try" you smiled.

Luisa nodded, pushing a hair back behind your ear "no pressure"

you nodded, looking up into her sparking eyes. "Can i walk you to work?" you asked

She nodded

"Adios Madrigals!" You waved goodbye to them.

"Adios!"

You and Luisa walked through the village together, you told her all about your chaotic dinner. She giggled at the stories you told about your family. You wanted her so badly to meet them. You knew she would love them.

"Oh my god and she just came to dinner wearing it?" Luisa was laughing about your Tia, she had bought the most atrocious shinny orange dress at the market last week and she was determined to wear it even though she hated it because she loved a good deal.

You were laughing too "And the worst part-"

Nina. You noticed you were being watched by your cousin in the market, she was not so subtlety staring at you with her all knowing eyes Fuck. You could tell she already knew. She had been asking you about your girlfriend the night before so of course she had to see you and Luisa together laughing and walking together. That was perfect timing. Or not perfect timing. You had completely stopped in your tracks. Your eyes went wide, staring back at her. Trying to tell her to mind her god damned business with your eyes.  She wasn't budging and neither were you.

"Y/N?" Luisa said, turning from a few steps ahead. "You coming?"

You didn't respond. Locked in a staring contest with your most stubborn cousin. Luisa followed your gaze to Nina, she didn't know her so it didn't really help her. She looked back at you, confused

"You okay?" She said at a whisper. You tried your hardest to fake a smile, ignoring your heart in your stomach and the knot in your throat. Finally, Nina broke the stare, being pulled away by her mother, Your Tia Camilla. You took a deep sigh.

"Yeah i'm fine" You said quickly, putting your head down and picking up a quick pace. Luisa was lost again, it took her a minute to process so she had to jog to catch up with your rushed pace.

"Y/N" Luisa said in a low voice. So much more serious than normal "What is happening?"

"It's fine-"

"It's not. I can tell it's not" she was still rushing next to you, trying to match your pace, which admittedly wasn't hard for her but she was so confused it was hard to keep up.

You stopped abruptly, pulling on her shoulder to indicate you needed to whisper to her, she obeyed, lowering herself to your level.

"That was my cousin. I told her i'm gay last night and kinda implied I have a girlfriend and then she just saw us so she totally knows everything. " you blurted out.

Luisa's eyes widened, she straightened her shoulders and began to walk again, letting out a deep sigh "Well shit"

"Yeah"

"I'm sensing a pattern"

"Yeah"