Caught

Your talk with Dolores was strangely reassuring. It was good to know someone was rooting for you and Luisa. She also let you tell her your concerns and fears. You left the conversation feeling much more confident that maybe there could be a possibility that you could end up with Luisa.

You ended the conversation asking where Luisa was so you could go talk to her. "She's in Señor Lopez's barn stacking hay bales." Dolores told me.

You thanked her and went on your way. His barn was on the edge of town so it was quite a walk. You were almost running there, so when you got there your face was red and you were out of breath. Luisa wasn't outside the barn so you slowly inched inside the barn. At first you didn't see her. "Luisa?" you whispered.

There was a crashing sound, you saw where Luisa was, standing atop a mound of hay bales, organizing them in a neat stack nearly as tall as the barn. It took her a minute to notice you. She was so admirable in this moment, strong and beautiful. You waved her down so hopefully she'd spot you. When she noticed you she jumped a little bit.

"Sorry did i scare you?" you said with a giggle.

"Uh yeah you did, sorry about that" she said, hopping down from the mound of bales so effortlessly. She made your fingertips tingle as she approached you. She smiled big with sweat on her brow. " What are you doing here?"

"I uh" What were you doing here? You didn't really have a real reason to be here other than you just really liked Luisa. "I guess I missed you"

Luisa's face she's all of her confidence and swagger, leaving a face you recognized from the night before, helplessness. She looked so cute and excited. "really?" She tried to hide her wide smile but she was failing miserably. you nodded slowly, smiling back to her and approaching her. She hugged you when you reached her. "I'm sorry i'm so sweaty" she whispered. You giggled, looking up at her and she looked down at you. Your faces were so close you could feel her heavy breath on your cheek  Your heart felt warm and fuzzy. You reached up and held her cheek with your hand.

"Do you wanna take a break, beautiful?" You asked Luisa. She nodded. You jumped up so you could kiss her. "Good!"

"Let's go to Casita, I need to grab something there." Luisa said. You nodded.

She dropped her arms and grabbed your hand. You held hands as you walked into town, chatting a little bit about your days. You dropped each other's hands as you got close enough to where people could see you. It hurt a little bit.

The town square was bustling with people, including some of the madrigal kids. Isabella was making bouquets for people and Camillo was playing some type of game with some kids, they were all roaring with laughter. You looked up at Luisa, she was beaming. you could tell she loved her family so much so seeing them interacting with the community made her so happy.

"Hola Luisa!"

"Good morning Luisa!"

almost every townsperson greeted Luisa. It made you feel insignificant standing right next to her. It was like your insecurities about not being enough for her were  being proven right in front of you. You had a hard time hiding your disappointment on your face. Luisa looked over to you and frowned. "Don't cry, hold on we're almost to Casita" she whispered to you. You nodded a little, eyes glossy. You wanted so badly to be holding her hand.

When you got to Casita the door opened to let you in. As soon as the door closed Luisa wrapped her arms around you.

"I'm so sorry Y/N" she whispered.

You were crying now. "I'm not enough for you"

"Woah woah woah" Luisa said. She pulled away from the hug and crouched down so she could look you in the eye. "That's not true Y/N. Just because everyone knows my family doesn't mean that makes me different than you."

"I just don't-"

"Y/N, I promise. They just want my for my strength anyways." She was holding your shoulders. Her tone was very serious. You nodded. She hugged you again, kissing your face where your tears were, she rubbed your back with the palm of her hand. you looked up at her.

"I just don't wanna mess things up for you Luisa, you have so much going for you, I just don't know if it's the right time for you to get involved with someone."

"Y/N you're not messing anything up. These last few days have been the best i've had in a while. It's the right time I promise." She said with a nervous laugh.

"Thank you Luisa, I just don't want to be in your way."

"You're not, I swear" She said. You hugged her tighter "Cmon, let's go upstairs" You nodded, heading upstairs hand in hand. The house seemed empty, it was the middle of the day so the family was probably all out helping the community. You and Luisa held hands as you walked upstairs. You weren't looking up when Luisa stopped abruptly, dropping your hand. When you looked up you saw Felix Madrigal. He totally saw you two holding hands and he might've heard your conversation downstairs too.  He looked equally as stunned as you and Luisa. There was a long silence between all of you.

"Tio" Luisa started. "I'm so sorry I thought the house was empty I-"

"No no! I'm sorry!" Felix said. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop. Your conversation sounded serious I was just checking to make sure everything was okay. But it seems like things are actually super okay between the two of you so I'll go!" he started to walk away.

"Tio!" Luisa said in a panic, starting to head after him. "You can't tell anyone! Please!"

Felix turned back around suddenly, with a very serious expression. "Your secret is safe with me, Luisa. I would never tell anyone something so private. That's only for you to share"

"Thank you Tio" Luisa said. Felix gave her a hug.

"Of course mi sobrina" He said. "And you," Felix looked at you "I don't think we've met. I'm Felix Madrigal, be careful with this one, she's a prize."

You nodded "She really is. Nice to meet you Mr.Madrigal, I'm Y/N." you stuck out your hand for him to shake.

He took your hand, smiling . "Please, call me Felix"