ARLO 🌀

"You sorted?"

"You sorted?"

She looked up from the backpack on her bed which she was stuffing her belongings into. Her mouth dropped open at the sight of my naked body and her eyes trailed the full length of me while I blotted at the water droplets running down my chest with a towel.

She cleared her throat, automatically turning a deep shade of beetroot and turning to look away. It made me laugh so I dropped the towel and inched closer towards her.

"Blossom, we have sex. You can look at my body." She didn't look but she blew out air like was flaming hot and extremely embarrassed.

I grabbed her hand and placed it over my heart, she was warm and I was cold, fresh from the shower. Her eyes followed her hand.

"You can touch my body."

I made her hands slide down my wet torso, over my washboard abs and down into my growing pubic region. Pinocchio was getting hidden away slowly, thanks to my lack of razor.

Once her hands got to my intimate area I paused them and she gulped loudly.

"You're practically my girlfriend."

Her eyes snapped up to mine and a thick silence fell over us. I realised I just said that in English when I meant to say it in Yoruba.

Our heads darted towards the door when we heard her fathers key rattle in the lock and the hinges creak as it got opened.

"He's here." She whispered, pulling her hand away like my snake was about to bite her.

I quickly and noiselessly dressed in the sweatpants and hoodie she stole off me. I smirked to myself knowing I left my dirty boxers in the bathroom for him to find. A token of my victory and a little bit of karma on his part.

"Why are you smiling?" She whispered.

"I'm not." I lied, wiping the smile off of my face.

Her father was whistling a tune, moving around the lower floor of our house. I grabbed the half-charged phone, preparing for our exit.

"We will have to go out the window." She whispered. "But where will we go?"

"You're not going to like this but Kara and her friends hang out at the riverbank. We gotta go lay low with them for a while, nobody will look for us there. Do you know where that is?"

"Yes but -"

"No buts Blossom, let's go."