37 | badbyes

one month later

"No wayyy you're cheating!!"

"You're just jealous that I'm beating your ass! Ha! Take that 'Mr. boss of a dance studio'! Who would have thought your employee would be better than you at dance dance revolution!"

Jungkook laughed like there was no tomorrow, jumping around and making a fool out of himself at the arcade, but he didn't care, he felt so free.

Him and Hoseok have been getting on very well together, he's been living with him for about a month now and he had no complains whatsoever.

"Okay fine you win this time, but I will definitely beat you at bowling later! You just watch!" Hoseok pointed a threatening finger at him and squinted his eyes while both males made their way to a cash machine.

"Sure thing, I'd like to see you try." Jungkook giggled cutely. Intoxicated with the couple of drinks they had at the bar, he stared at the older as he took out some more change from the machine.

"Okay where to next? We still need approximately: two hundred and fifty-six tickets until we can get you that big plushie that you've wanted."

__________

Later that evening the two boys were walking around town hand in hand, Jungkook was smiling ear to ear as he hugged the insanely huge plushie close to him. It was so soft! Totally worth spending every penny.

The sky was getting dark so they decided to make their way back to Hoseok's apartment after some time. It was much bigger than the one he and Taehyung had, he did live closer to the centre of Seoul after all. The big city was still lively at this hour, but it felt like it was just the two of them in the world at that moment.

"I had a lot of fun today. Thank you for taking me out." Jungkook glanced over at the older to find him already staring back, it made his heart skip a beat; but.. did he feel the spark? He wasn't sure.

Hoseok squeezed his hand slightly in response. "I had fun too, I'm glad we were able to do this. You know what this reminds me of? The old days. Remember how you said you wanted for us to be able to go out and hold hands one day? Well.. we are finally doing it!" He smiled sheepishly and looked down at his feet.

Jungkook's lips slightly tugged down for some reason. Don't get him wrong, he felt extremely grateful to have Hoseok in his life and he couldn't be happier that they were still getting along after all those years. Of course he liked him and he wanted this ever since he was a young boy, so why did he feel hesitant to take their relationship that one step further? Why did it feel so wrong when he was having so much fun with him?

He guessed a lot has happened and he changed massively throughout the years, so he just didn't know if he was able to love him the same way he did all those years ago. The main reason for this was obvious though, but Jungkook was trying his best to ignore it.

"Yeah.. it feels surreal." He whispered. Thankfully Hoseok didn't feel the slight shift in atmosphere and kept strutting forward with a big smile plastered on his face.

Once they got back, Jungkook took a long and hot shower while the other prepared them something to eat. He took that time to have a moment to think. He thought back to the day he left his and Taehyung's shared apartment. The older spammed his phone non stop after that and Jungkook eventually blocked him. This wasn't his initial plan and he really wanted to fix things with him, but the more time passed, the less he thought about it and just wanted to escape from reality.