19 | revenge

Taehyung's pov:

I opened the door to the apartment after a long day at work to a smiling Jungkook sitting on the couch, candles lit all around the living room and the smell of popcorn and hot chocolate that filled my nostrils right away.

"Oh wow.. should I be worried? Did something happen? This is highly suspicious." I raised one eyebrow as I was taking my jacket off, but before I could Jungkook ran up to me and helped me with taking it off before hanging it for me.

"What do you mean? Nothing suspicious here, I just wanted to do something nice for you." Jungkook smiled at me before giving me a quick kiss and going to the kitchen.

I gulped slightly, not wanting to show how he caught me off guard a little. I still wasn't used to this, yeah it was nice but I hated how my heart raced every time the younger got close to me. This wasn't supposed to happen..

"Now I'm even more suspicious. Did you break something?" I followed him to the kitchen, Jungkook was now bending down in front of the oven, taking out the freshly baked pizza and placing it on the counter.

I was so tempted to slap his ass out of habit, but before my hand could reach him, Jungkook turned around and grabbed my wrist. "Don't get all horny on me, my ass is still in pain so we're not doing any of that." He scolded me with a pointy finger in front of my face.

"Alright, alright, sorry I forgot." I raised my hands up in surrender.

The younger cut up the pizza in slices and placed a slice each on two plates, after that he put the rest of the pizza back in the warm oven so it wouldn't get cold.

"Did you make it yourself? It looks really good." I asked curiously, taking my plate and following him to the couch.

"Nah I bought it today." Jungkook said and I froze on the spot.

"You went out shopping yourself? What did I tell you Jungkook? You could've got hurt-"

"Oh relax, I'm fine okay? I just wanted to go out for once after being stuck home for an entire week." Jungkook grimaced, before patting the space next to him. "You gonna just stand there? Your pizza will get cold."

With that I sighed and sat next to him. "I'm just w—"

"I know, you're worried. Everyone says that. But I'm old enough to be able to take care of myself alright? So as much as I appreciate it, just please let me make my own decisions. I'm much better than in the beginning and I can walk on my own now without much pain, obviously I'm only going to get better with each day so I can slowly get back to my normal everyday life." Jungkook finished with slightly furrowed eyebrows.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. You're right." I sighed. "But I still don't know what all of this is about." I motioned to the poorly lit room that gave off quite the romantic feeling and all the snacks on the coffee table.

"Alright I may have invited someone over for this weekend and I really need you to say yes."

I choked on the pizza.

"And before you say anything, I know you're not very fond of having guests over or meeting new people in general, but I just really wanted you to meet my friend from work, I swear he's really nice." Jungkook looked at me hopefully, with those big round eyes that I could never resist.

I cleared my throat, thinking about it for a moment. "What's in it for me— ouch! What?" I flinched when Jungkook punched my arm.

"Don't be a dick, come on I did all of this with a severe pain in my ass, be a bit more considerate. It won't hurt you to meet some new people."