17 | broken ass

Jungkook's pov:

Things were surprisingly.. good. Ignoring the fact I literally fucked my own best friend, there wasn't any awkward tension between us; well that is if you don't count the sexual tension that was there instead now.

If you were to tell me a few months ago that me and Taehyung were to have sex – let alone even kiss – I would've probably laughed at you or called you crazy. But now it was as if it was a normal thing for us.

Every morning before Taehyung left for work he would wake me up just to get a kiss from me, and in the evenings whenever he came back we would have heated make out sessions which sometimes led to more.

I know, I'm still shocked too, but apparently things were this way now? I mean it can't be that good, something has to happen eventually, I just know the universe would never let me be this happy for so long. I mean probably the only bad thing about this is that I still haven't told Taehyung that I have feelings for him, but that's about it really.

Anyways, a few more weeks went by just like that, I went back to work eventually and worked my ass off – quite literally. Barely a week ago I had a small accident while teaching a class barefoot where I slipped and fell on my tailbone pretty hard.. yeah it was really painful.

I insisted that I was fine but Hoseok made me stay home and recover either way. So here I was, bored at home, lying on my couch with an icepack on my ass to ease the pain and senselessly watching show after show on netflix while stuffing my face with popcorn.

You could say I was living my life, but dancing is my passion so it was a bit upsetting to have that taken away from me for a while. I was just glad that there was no bigger injury or I would've been heart broken if I wouldn't be able to dance for a long time.

A couple of days later, once I could properly walk and the pain eased down I couldn't stand being in my house any longer. So I called Jimin and decided to meet up with him after he was finished with work.

I was able to befriend Jimin very quickly to my surprise. I'm quite the introvert and the only friends I really have (apart from my co-workers with whom I don't even talk that much) are Hoseok and Taehyung, so this was an interesting change to say the least. We clicked almost instantly and it felt like I've known him my whole life.

"I swear I'm a lot better now, I can walk normally too. It only hurts a bit whenever I sit down, but the place I wanna go to has cushioned seats so it shouldn't be a problem." I blabbed on the phone with Jimin, trying to convince him that I wasn't going to die if I went out for some coffee.

"Okay fine, but I'm going to pick you up, I'm not letting you walk this much on your own." Jimin finally gave in.

"Yess, finally I can leave this doomed apartment." I sighed dramatically.

"Jungkook, you've only been home for five days." Jimin chuckled.

"Yeah and? That's still enough to make me go crazy if the only thing I can do is walk to the fridge to get some food, and go back to my couch to watch the same stupid shows that aren't even interesting in the slightest." I rolled my eyes, just thinking about turning on netflix and trying to find something worth watching made me want to shoot myself.

"C'mon it can't be that bad. I've seen some good shows and movies on there, I can recommend you some stuff if you want." The other answered after a short silence and I could faintly hear water flush on the other side of the line.

"Were you seriously on the toilet this whole time?"

"Yes. Got a problem?"

I bursted out laughing. "I can't believe you've done this."

"Well I didn't have a choice, I really needed to go but you kept spamming my phone so I didn't want to just leave you hanging." Jimin snorted and we both laughed together about how ridiculous this situation was. "Wait a second I need to wash my hands." He said before putting his phone down.

"Jimin is a dumbass." I whispered.

"I can still hear you."

"Oh fuck, I mean Jimin is wonderful."

"Oh shut up." He giggled and I waited for him to finish before he picked his phone back up to his ear. "Okay so my last break is ending and I've only got two hours left before I get off work."

"Aw man, I guess I've got no other choice but to wait outside my doorstep for two hours." I sighed.

"Oh shush you big baby, you can wait this much. Just play a game or something."

"Nah it's not the same without Tae, I only play with him or it's boring. Plus most of the games we own are multiplayer anyway." I played with the hem of my pyjamas, my heart slightly picking up its pace while thinking about Taehyung.

"I can see the sparkles in your eyes when you talk about him through the phone ya know." Jimin chuckled softly. "How does Taehyung feel about the situation by the way?"

"Oh don't even get me started. I'm pretty sure even if Hoseok would've let me go to work I would still be sitting here. He's so overprotective I swear, 'don't do this, don't do that, be careful, blah blah blah', he's worse than my mother at times." I groaned and Jimin only laughed at that. "If he could, he would probably stay home just to babysit me."

"It means he cares about you, I think that's a good thing no?" Jimin said and I could tell he was smiling from his voice.

"Well yeah but he can go overboard sometimes. I'm still glad though."

After that Jimin had to go back to work from his break and we said our goodbyes. I told him I would send the address where he could pick me up from and we hung up.

Of course I didn't tell him it was a nearby park and not my actual apartment complex since I wanted to get some fresh air before I completely forgot what the outside world looked like.

So when the end of the two hours was nearing I was already dressed and prepared to leave the house, making sure I grabbed everything and locked the door properly, I made my way to the elevator.