39 | making things right

" Attention. The train to Daegu will be shortly arriving at station number 7. Please make sure not to leave any baggage behind. Thank you! "

Jungkook has been waiting impatiently at the train stations' cafe for the last hour, so once he heard the announcement he shot up and ran like his life depended on it. 

He ended up bringing his huge bag-pack and it made him look like an excited kid on a school field trip. He knew that there was no need to bring so much stuff with him as he would probably just stay there for a day or two, but he always felt the need to be ready for anything.

Once he reached the right platform, out of breath, he was one of the first people there as the train wasn't even in sight yet. Thanks to that Jungkook would probably get better seats, but he was too exhilarated to care about that. If it came down to it, he could genuinely sit in the stinky bathroom for the entirety of the 2 hours if it meant he would get to see Taehyung again and make things right with him. That's how determined the poor guy was.

The train arrived shortly and Jungkook was seated comfortably soon after. He was buzzing with excitement and couldn't focus on anything throughout the journey, he tried watching a movie and reading a book, but it just wasn't enough to tame his racing mind. He watched the passing city zoom in and out of sight as it was being replaced with beautiful landscapes.

Jungkook decided to take out his journal and started writing down what he wants to tell Taehyung and how he feels about meeting him again. He has been writing things in it since a month ago — after talking with Jimin, the older recommended it to help cope with his emotions. He has written all about the past fights he had with Taehyung (as well as all the good moments too, of course) reflecting on the way he handled certain things and learning how to behave in similar situations in the future. It really helped him look at things from an objective point of view, because after all, everyone sees and feels things differently.

He realised that Taehyung must be going through his own internal struggles and simply didn't know how to navigate in such new territory, especially considering Jungkook was the first boy he ever felt anything towards. It all must have been already confusing in itself without all the other problems piling up on top. Jungkook realised that now. Sure, it doesn't justify all of his behaviour, but Jungkook wasn't perfect either and so he was ready to forgive him and start over if he was willing to do so.

Honestly, who needs a therapist when you have a Jimin?

The trip itself went very smoothly and the train reached Daegu on time. Jungkook, on the other hand, felt all kinds of emotions throughout the ride and although the time had passed fairly quickly for him, he spent most of it worrying and overthinking. There was a possibility that Taehyung didn't want to see him at all and he was prepared if this was the case, but it still wasn't an easy thought.

Just like Soojin promised the other day, she had drove over to the train station to pick Jungkook up. As nice as the gesture was, Jungkook felt guilty that she had to be involved in his and Taehyung's business as they were two grown adults who – under normal circumstances – should work things out themselves. But clearly Taehyung didn't seem too keen on making that effort himself. Jungkook just hopes that it all won't backfire on him in the end.. again.

The drive back to Taehyung's childhood home was quiet and nerve wracking. Soojin kept glancing back and forth between the road and Jungkook, probably silently hoping for him to fill her in on some more details, but she didn't press for it which was nice.

"So uh, I prepared the guest room for you so you don't have to worry about looking for a place to stay in. As always, you are welcome to stay for as long as you want, even if things with Taehyung don't go as planned." Soojin finally broke the silence about half way through the journey.