30 | memories

Third person pov:

It was nearing the end of his shift when Jungkook was cleaning up the studio. For some reason he couldn't stop thinking about the conversation he had with Jimin earlier. Everything that he said about Taehyung and how he was certain that he in fact does return his feelings, just made everything so much more confusing for him. He knows that he has to talk to the older eventually, but even thinking about it just terrified him honestly.

What made it worse was the fact that now he started thinking about Hoseok. Ah yes, his childhood crush. You could even say that he was his first love. They first met when Jungkook was only thirteen, still an innocent closeted boy that knew nothing about the real harsh world. Poor thing had no idea how his life would soon turn upside down just because of this one boy and some uncontrollable feelings that he never knew he was capable of.

Once he saw that bright smile of his, there was no escape. Jungkook wanted to be with him so badly, but due to their slight age gap at the time and harsh homophobia that raged in their school as well as their entire neighbourhood, Hoseok didn't think that it was a good idea. Especially since Jungkook's parents were very negative and he knew it would only cause them both trouble. So instead, they met up in secret every day after school, they had their private place where they knew no one would catch them and where they could be their real selves.

But as all good things end, of course they never got their happy ending. Hoseok was already laughed at by the kids from his year that he hung out with someone younger than him, but it didn't bother him. Until one unfortunate day.

*flashback*

As usual, Jungkook and Hoseok were sat at their favourite spot. There was this massive tree in the middle of the woods that they would climb together and sit on for hours. They messed around and talked about everything, from the universe and space travel, to their favourite games and books at the time.

At one point Jungkook's eyes welled up with tears, which surprised the other since he didn't show his emotions very often.

"Hey, don't cry Jungkookie." Hoseok took his small face into his hands and looked into his glittery eyes. The younger sniffed and looked up at him. "I just wish we could be together without people looking at us weirdly Hobi-hyung.."

Hoseok pouted at that, thinking of what to say to cheer up the younger. "Hey, what if I made you a promise hm?" His smile found its way back onto his lips. "How about, once we both get older and you won't be living with your parents anymore, I will take you out on a date? Then we could hold hands in public without caring what others think." He wiped his tears with his soft fingers and kissed both of his warm cheeks.

Jungkook blushed madly and looked down, a small, shy smile appearing on his lips. "I would like that very much." He looked back up with big and hopeful eyes. "Do you pinky promise?" He asked in a small voice while holding his pinky finger up.

Hoseok giggled at that, finding the younger boy adorable. "Pinky promise." They intertwined their pinkies together before hugging tightly.

"I love you-"

"Guys look! Isn't that hoseok and that little weird gay kid?!" Some kids from their school appeared seemingly out of nowhere and surrounded the big tree that the boys were sat on. They both quickly moved away from each other and looked at them with terrified expressions.

"Eww are you dating? You're both boys, that's disgusting." One of them said while the rest started laughing and throwing rocks and pebbles at them. "Get down from there you f*ggots before we call the police on you!"

Jungkook felt like crying, this wasn't the first time that the older kids bullied him just because he was different. But now, because of him, his Hobi is also being targeted which made everything even worse.