14 | fights and apologies

Jungkook's pov:

After meeting Jimin for the first time we exchanged numbers and agreed on getting to know each other better since we found out that we both had a lot of similar interests and topics to talk about.

I came home earlier that day and was given a few days off until the renovation was complete. Honestly I was really happy for Hobi; what started off as a small corporation was growing so quickly. Hoseok was very hardworking and it surely payed off as we only got more and more applications each month.

It also meant that I had to put in some more effort too now that things were moving towards the right direction. I decided to take those few days to myself and work on some new choreography, practising in my spare time as much as I could.

The team in our studio consists of Hoseok, Yugyeom, Kai, Taemin, Irene, Sana and me — oh and of course the brand new addition, Jimin. Each person is assigned a slightly different genre of dance and we all have our own studios to work in on different days, I mostly teach hip-hop.

But as all things aren't perfect, we do have some competition as there is also a another studio teaching dance held by the famous Baekhyun. He has people like Yunho, Taeyong, Sehun, Jennie and a few others on his team that I don't really know that well. But from what I've heard they are really good too and it's been tough fighting for customers when both studios are squeezed in the same town.

For the rest of the day I stayed in the living room where we had the most space and a big mirror to help me practice. I managed to work on some new moves and worked up a bit of a sweat, so by the evening I took a shower.

It was already dark outside when Taehyung finally got home. I heard some shuffling in the kitchen and decided to check up on him. There I found the older preparing a snack for himself since he must've been quite hungry after a long day at work.

"Hey, how was work?" I asked while leaning against the doorframe, watching him munch on a sandwich. Once our eyes locked my heart skipped a beat, only now remembering everything that happened the other night.

Feeling my face starting to heat up, I immediately looked away.

Taehyung cleared his throat. "It was normal. Had some old lady hit on me, a couple asking for advice on getting the best condom size for their honeymoon or whatever and just a bunch of kids being loud and annoying as usual. You know, just the typical stuff."

I snickered at that. I knew he was tired but I was glad he still had a slight sense of humour left in him. But still, I felt bad for him, we both knew it was a shitty job and I just wanted what's best for him. Once in a while we had the same argument about him changing his job and joining me, but he always gave me some kind of excuse.

"You know, the studio is getting bigger as more people are joining and the business is really growing. It's the perfect time to join now—"

"Jungkook." The older cut me off. "We already talked about this so many times and it always ends the same. I told you I'm fine with the job I have."

"But you're obviously not! Look at you! You're exhausted and obviously fed up with working in that same damn place, I'm just trying to look out for you. I know that it's hard for you to adapt to new places, but wouldn't it be so much easier if we just worked together?" I tried reasoning with him for the umpteenth time.

We would be waking up together, taking the bus together, working on choreography together. We would have more time to spend with each other — maybe I was just being selfish? As much as I had good intentions maybe I just secretly wanted him by my side at all times? Hating the way he left early in the morning and came back late at night. But of course, I couldn't tell him this.