25 | dinner

Third person pov:

Jungkook was nervous. Why you may ask?

Well, first of all he had the tendency of wanting to impress everyone around him, especially if it meant he would make a good first impression. That was probably because growing up he never got the validation from his parents about anything he did so he doubted himself a lot.

Secondly, his best friend turned out to be his FUCKING NEIGHBOUR! Like what the hell?? This was going to be so embarrassing, not only have they literally heard each other moan through the walls multiple times, but Taehyung knows nothing about it and Jungkook just knows he will be in deep shit after today.

Also let's not forget the time when Taehyung went to their apartment pretending like he needed to use their bathroom while he actually spied on their bedroom and watched Jimin in his sleep— okay this is starting to sound more and more like some kind of horror movie.. anyway moving on.

And lastly, Taehyung was being really flirty and smooth today which made the younger flustered a lot. He also knew it will be hard to explain their relationship since they have fucked a few times, but he told Jimin that they are strictly friends only. What is he going to think?

Aghh this was all a mess. It was a matter of minutes now before they would bust through that door and everything would go to shit.

Taehyung just stood cluelessly by the kitchen counter and played on his phone while secretly stealing some snacks off the plate. Ooh baby you've got a storm coming.

"Tae stop eating those, they're for the guests!" Jungkook groaned and snatched the plate away from him, taking it over to the table instead. Taehyung just hummed in disappointment since he had a cookie in his mouth, too busy with his game to do anything.

Before he knew it, the doorbell echoed through the apartment making Jungkook's heart skip a beat. "Oh shit, oh fuck they're here, Tae get off your game and come greet them!" The younger started pacing back and forth waiting for the other to come with him to the door.

"Jungkook." The older suddenly stopped him, holding him gently by the shoulders and looking into his eyes. "Breathe for me okay? There's nothing to worry about, it's going to be perfect just like you want it to be."

Jungkook nodded quickly. "Okay, I will try. Thanks Tae. Now let's open the door before they get impatient." He dashed towards the door and opened it wide. "Hey guys! Come in."

Taehyung stood behind him so he didn't see their faces until they stepped inside. But when he did, he froze.

________

a few minutes earlier

"Yoongi hurry up we're gonna be late!" Jimin was adding some last touches to his eyeshadow and lipstick before checking himself out in the mirror to make sure everything was in the right place. He smiled to himself, loving the way he looked so he decided to take a few quick selfies.

"Okay let's go-ooh you look hot babe." Yoongi was about to walk past him but when he caught a glance of his man he needed a double take. He slapped his soft butt lightly, making the younger jump slightly.

"Hey we're not doing this now or we're gonna end up cancelling again. Come on." Jimin rolled his eyes when he saw the way Yoongi was biting his lip.

"Aw bummer, I was hoping we could stay instead." Yoongi pouted cutely before putting his jacket on.

"Erm you won't be needing that." Jimin stopped him halfway, ready to open the door.

"What do you mean? Last time I checked it's pretty cold outside." Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows but put the jacket away nonetheless.

"Just trust me." Jimin laughed nervously before opening the door and walking out into the hallway. Yoongi was already getting suspicious of his behaviour but he trusted his lover more than anything.

They locked the door and began walking, Yoongi was about to go towards the staircase but Jimin grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the neighbouring door. "Um Jimin.. what are you doing? Aren't we going to the car?"

Jimin just cleared his throat and stopped in front of the door. "I'm sorry for not telling you this sooner.. I knew you would be mad." He rang the doorbell and Yoongi widened his eyes.

"My friend turned out to be our neighbour.."

"HE WHAT?!"

________

present time

"Uh Jungkook, can we talk in the kitchen for a moment?" Taehyung pulled the younger with him while speaking through his teeth.

"Oh okay.. um guys just make yourselves comfortable on the couch— stop pulling me!" Jungkook whisper yelled at the older once they reached the kitchen.

"What the hell are our neighbours doing in our house?!" Taehyung trapped the younger between the wall and his body, his arms on his hips.

Jungkook closed his eyes and breathed out to calm himself down. "I'm sorry Tae.. I didn't know how to tell you. This morning Jimin brought our mail and that's how I found out. I swear I didn't know it before that! That's why I've been so nervous all morning, I knew it would ruin everything."

Taehyung ran his hand down his face with a sigh. "Gosh this is.. I don't know what to say. You know it's going to be really hard for me to look them straight in the eyes, you know that right? Because of pretty much.. everything that has happened."

"I know Taehyung, that's why I'm so sorry. I didn't know it would turn out like that. If you're really upset you don't have to stay and just leave it to me, or I can tell them to go home if—"

"No that's okay, I won't be a dick. I'm gonna stay because I know how important this is for you." Taehyung looked him in the eyes again and saw how they softened as the younger relaxed.

"Thank you." Jungkook whispered and hugged him. Taehyung hugged back quickly before they walked back to the living room. "Okay so I know this is a little weird, but I hope we can get past this awkward situation and introduce ourselves." Jungkook clapped his hands with a smile.

Yoongi was visibly uncomfortable while on the other hand Jimin was the complete opposite, as if sitting on the edge of his seat excitedly in a movie theatre, curious to see what happens next. He just needed some popcorn and he would be in heaven.

"I'll start. I'm Jimin, this is Yoongi." Jimin stood up from the couch and reached his hand out to Taehyung who shook it slightly. He poked Yoongi so that he would stand up also.

"I'm Taehyung. Nice to meet you." He smiled at him before looking over to Yoongi and gulping slightly. The older reached his hand out to his surprise and gave him a tight lipped smile. "You're the guy that almost pissed himself at my doorstep." He said ironically and Taehyung choked a bit from that.

"R-right.. that's me." He chuckled.

Jungkook just watched the whole scene a little amused, stealing glances with Jimin who tried his best not to laugh. When Yoongi turned to him he panicked and blurred out the first thing that came to his mind. "Uhm I'm Jungkook.. was the sugar I gave you good?" He facepalmed mentally for that, Jimin bursting out laughing since he couldn't hold it in any longer.

Yoongi also smiled a bit more genuinely this time while rubbing the back of his neck. "As good as sugar can get I guess."

Maybe things won't go that badly, Jungkook thought to himself.