Chapter 47

The Traveler wasn't all that useful.

"One part wolfsbane, one part vervain," said Jeremy, coming over to a chained-up Tyler with a bottle of clear liquid. "Altogether, the dumbest idea that either of you have ever had."

"Don't look at me," said Matt. "This is all Ty."

Tyler tugged at the chains, making sure they were fastened properly. "These should hold. Let's do this."

"How about we talk about what we'll do if this doesn't go well?" asked Maddy. "If the Traveler manages to figure out enough to get free, I'll hold him off while all of you run to call Klaus and get him to start making his way over here in case I get bitten."

Matt hesitated. "Are you sure you don't want us to stay here and fight with you? If he bites you hard enough... it's lights out immediately."

Maddy cleared her throat. "I think I can manage on my own."

"Dating Klaus doesn't mean you're immune to wolf venom, you know," said Jeremy.

The vampire blushed slightly. "I've just developed a tolerance, is what I mean. It'll take a lot more venom to take me down."

They only just seemed to realize what she meant, and all awkwardly looked away.

"The point is," said Jeremy, "we're not gonna leave you alone in here. If he breaks free, we're all fighting him. Matt's learned a thing or two from Rebekah, I'm stronger than the average human, Bonnie's a witch, and well... you're a vampire."

"One more thing," said Matt to Tyler. "Once this guy pops out, we have no idea when you'll come back again."

"Some freak is inside my body," replied the hybrid. "He took over my life. God only knows what he's got planned for me, so unless you've got any better ideas, this is what we're doing."

"Ok," replied the blond. "Let's do this." He leaned forward, and spoke in Czech, "Vyjit."

Tyler's eyes went completely black for a moment before he flinched, and drew back. Though he spoke in the same voice, it sounded a tad different. "Who are you? Where am I?"

"Where's Markos?" asked Matt.

Julian sneered. "Go to hell."

"To answer your question," replied the other male, "my name is Matt, and you, Julian, are inside my best friend, aka your own personal hell."

Jeremy and Matt moved forward to hold Julian down as Maddy took the bottle of wolfsbane-vervain water and poured it down his mouth. She jumped back as it burned her, wincing as Julian gagged violently, coughing as much of it out as he could.

"There's plenty more where that came from," said Matt as Julian wheezed. "Where's Markos?"

"What does it matter to you?' asked Julian harshly.

"He wants to hurt my sister," said Jeremy. "I want to stop him."

Julian started to laugh heartily. "You're a fool. Markos destroyed your only weapon against passengers like me, and there's no way in hell you'd ever kill your best friend."

At this, Jeremy lunged forward, stabbing a small stake into Julians abdomen. "You're right," said Matt as Jeremy held the stake in position. "We don't plan on killing you, but we do plan on getting answers."

"We'll make this an easy decision for you," said Maddy. "Either you tell us now, or the torture will continue until you're weak enough for Bonnie and I to go into your mind and get the answers ourselves. We'd prefer that you cooperate. Where's Markos?"