Chapter 33

Granny there are many more things I found in Orochimaru's mindscape. And these are more serious.

Everybody become silent to let Naruto continue.

Meanwhile in Konoha

Shikamaru Nara is known as the smartest Ninja of his generation but right now he is confused to no end. And the reason of his confusion being the ideals of the current ruler of the hidden leaf village, the 5th Hokage, Danzo Shimura. 

And this confusion of his was noticed by his father Shikaku Nara, the commander of Konoha's military force when he reached his home. As Shikamaru is the smartest ninja among his peers his father is said to be the smartest man alive. Seeing his son confused Shikaku finally decides to ask him about the problem.

Shikamaru you look confused what's the matter ?

Dad tell me is it true that if I have to become a good shinobi I need to give up on all my emotions?

Who told you this rubbish?

The Hokage did. Something happened in Team 10 last mission. Choji got injured heavily and I got a little angry. I was still able to think properly and formulate a plan for my team and we executed the plan perfectly. Actually after Choji got injured we attacked stronger than before but the Hokage said "As a ninja we shouldn't feel anything. As a ninja one could die anytime so a ninja's first priority must be to complete the mission and then think about others."

Dad if thats how it is to be a ninja then I don't want to be a ninja. I think Choji and Ino will also feel the same. The Hokage clearly told us that he would give the next mission to us only if till that time we have eliminated any of our emotions saying that he can't trust a mission to someone who has these pitiful emotions.

Shikaku got concerned hearing what he heard from his son.

So you are saying Ino and Choji are currently suffering the same problem?

Actually I am pretty sure Ino is suffering from far worse problems as Hokage clearly scolded her non stop and especially since you know how much emotions she shows.

Troublesome! Well I will discuss this with Inoichi and Choza tonight while having Sake.

What a drag! said both Shikamaru and Shikaku at the same time.

Back in Uzu

Naruto tells them to call the other teams in the office so that he doesn't have to repeat again. After everybody was in the office he starts telling them of what he saw in Orochimaru's mind like how Orochimaru started becoming obsessed with immortality. How Orochimaru was a part of a group named Akatsuki who plans to capture all 9 tailed beasts. How he was involved with Danzo for a short time and that he revealed about him to Danzo.

After Naruto finishes telling everything Jiraiya says.

So Akatsuki huh, I know about them through my spy network, didn't completely know about their intentions till now but I know some more things which this gaki didn't find out. All members of the group are S - class criminals and Tuschikage was giving homage to them in Iwagakure.

Well its a good news that the idea to make alliance with Iwa was called off by Sasuke's dad.

And I had pretty good reasons to do so. said Fugaku.

Especially after my wife told me something important about you.

Back in Konoha

It was night time and the older generation of Ino - Shika - Cho was discussing something with each other and for a change they were not in a bar but in Nara complex.

I see so it was that bad with Ino huh. Said Choza.

Yeah I have never seen her cry that much, I knew from the day his name was elected as Hokage that Konoha's dark days has begun. Said Inoichi.

Now its no secret that his ROOT ANBU programme is active openly since he is the Hokage but now he wants as many ninjas as he can to turn them into machines. Now that I think about something big and dark was going on in Konoha all the time even when he was not the Hokage. Uchiha Massacre is a big example . I have seen that boy Itachi and he was nice, he can't just kill his family for no apparrent reason. Said Shikaku.

So what are we gonna do I certainly rather want my Choji to not be a ninja rather than being a merciless machine. Said Choza.

We could have a talk with Hokage but it will not solve our problems in the long run, that man will try everything in his hands to get what he wants and murder is no big deal for him. Said Shikaku.

So are you suggesting a coup? Asked Inoichi.

No absolutely not he will just eliminate everybody involved or could blackmail them by using their loved ones, he literally has no emotions. Said Shikaku.

So we can't do anything to save our kids? asked Choza.

Actually there is only one way that is if we leave Konoha forever and since its not the same place anymore I wouldn't have any regrets. said Shikaku.

All of this conversation occured and they didn't notice a being that heard everything.