Chapter 67

Few days after his talk with Shikamaru, Naruto was at his home and was thinking deeply. He was a little troubled and the reason for this was one girl : Hinata Hyuga. Ever since her confession Naruto has been thinking about her. And having enough with his problems he decides to confront her and have a one on one talk with her, face to face.

Naruto goes outside to find Hinata and he found her.

Hey Hinata!

Hinata hears and looks at the ground. Her whole face was red. She was not able to do eye contact with him because  of her embarrassment.

Can you give me some time I need to talk to you about something important?

Y-yes s-sure.

Alright lets go.

They started walking and reached an isolated area where they stopped.

Hinata what you said that day. I don't know how to answer.

Oh no he remembered. I would die of embarrassment.

I mean I never imagined someone would feel that way about me so truly. I mean after how my life was in Konoha I stopped seeking things such as respect and love. But I guess I got both of them without trying.

Hinata after your confession and when you almost sacrificed yourself for me I don't know why but I started to think a lot about you. I don't know if I feel the same about you or its just gratitude. Nobody taught me about love in my life and with a teacher like Pervy Sage I just tried to avoid becoming like him in this aspect.

Its ok. Its my fault. I shouldn't have said that. I thought I was gonna die and I didn't want any regrets that's why I told you. I never imagined I would somehow survive. I am sorry its...

Don't complete that sentence. Listen its not your fault and you should be happy that you survived.

But since when do you feel about me like that? Naruto asked a little flushed.

I-I d-don't know how to a-answer that. Hinata muttered totally embarrassed.

Hey you know me I won't judge you for anything. I promise.

Shortly after w-we came here.

That long huh. Why me? I mean at that time I was not a great ninja like I am now. I had nothing. Why would you like someone like me?

I don't know I just did and still do. May be your determination or maybe your selflessness. I don't know.

Hey if you didn't think you were gonna die, so would you have ever planned to tell me?

Hinata stayed silent.

I see. But its not ok. What if it was too late and I found someone else and you still felt the same?

Then I would have been happy for you and supported you like a good friend. Hinata said with a forced smile.

Hinata you really are like an angel.

I already told you I don't know if I feel the same. So will you help me in finding it? And go on a date with me? Naruto said with a bright smile.

Yes. Thank you for giving me a chance Naruto. Hinata got few happy tears in her eyes.

Hey I should be the one to thank you. You liked me when I was a nobody and loved me even when I never returned it. But you do know if we stayed together then your life will always be in danger because of me and life will always only get complicated for you.

I know and I don't care as long as you would be by my side. 

Naruto hugs Hinata and says "Thank you for choosing an idiot like me".

Did you know what happened after Pain almost killed you?

No.

You know I was so overwhelmed by your confession. It was the first time someone told me that she loved me in a romantic sense but just after that when he killed you I was very angry. It hurt me. It hurt a lot, I can't describe you. I then lost my control forcefully took chakra from Kurama and kept taking it. I just wanted to kill him who hurt you. I don't remember what happened but I guess my KI reached till here. But after that with my mother's help I got back control. By the way even though she never met you, my mom liked you a lot.

Really? Hinata asked excitedly with red face.

Yes although after finishing the enemy I did get in a fight with some Hyuga who was there with Sasuke and his ex-companions and threatened him that there would be a Hyuga Clan Massacre if he repeated that.

What? I think it was Brother Neji. He was there. But why would you say that?

He said you belonged to the Hyuga Clan and therefore I can't take you back here. I don't care if he was your brother or not but after selling you out, the nerve of that guy to say that.

Hinata builds some confidence and gives a kiss on Naruto's cheek who gets paralysed on receiving it. Both of them had faces like tomato.

I had already made my decision years ago and that's why I am here with you now. I am never going to leave you and that's a promise.

And I would not let anything happen to you. Its my promise as a man to you.