Chapter 60

A/N : Please comment about the fate of Konoha people.

S-Sasuke ??

Sakura? Asked Sasuke seeing Sakura.

Y-You here? W-Why?

Jeez what happened ? Since when did you started stuttering?

No it was because I was shocked.

At that time Team 9 along with Kiba came towards Sakura.

What happened Sakura... Is that Sasuke? Man you sure came back at the wrong time.

Hn.

Sasuke wanted to move but Karin stopped him.

Sasuke don't move your body is very weak right now. Give some time to your muscles to recover. Said Karin.

Hn.

Lady Hinata? You are alive and well. That's a good news. Said Neji seeing Hinta after 10 years.

But Hinata didn't respond. She was still looking towards battlefield with her Byakugan activated when suddenly.

This couldn't be. No. Hinata whispered and started running towards the battlefield.

Wait Hinata aah!! Sasuke wanted to ask her but suddenly he felt pain in his body.

Why is Hinata running there? She is a medical ninja so she must know her condition. She is not ready to enter a battle of this high scale in her current condition. What exactly happened to you cousin. Wondered Karin.

With Naruto

You idiot I told you it could backfire but you got so much cocky that you stopped listening. Just because everytime your gamble worked doesn't mean you will keep on taking chances. You could have easily defeated him but you wanted to try something new and tried to add lightning nature into your Wind style : Rasen shuriken without trying first and that too when I told you it was not going to work and it was not needed and guess what your technique backfired.

Naruto has a guilty face. I am sorry I just thought that I can use Storm Release : Rasen Shuriken since I can use Storm Release with the help of Stormbreaker.

Shut up. You totally forgot how your Rasen shuriken used to harm your hand when you just created it. It was because you couldn't understand how much chakra was needed to stable that jutsu which you realised thanks to your sage training. And that's exactly what happened I could see it clearly when you started adding lightning chakra I could see that the jutsu was getting unbalanced.

Flashback

Only Deva Path Pain was left and the rest of Pains were destroyed. Naruto had figured out how to defeat him. He just needed to use a Rasen shuriken at the right time or a perfectly timed Rasengan on Pain's heart and it was game over for Pain.

Alright so he is almost defeated so I can try what I wanted to try.

What the hell are you thinking about brat. Don't take any chances just finish him.

Come on trust me Kurama.

Naruto created a Wind style : Rasen shuriken and started adding lightning chakra.

What? This much chakra. He put so excess chakra that it could create a mini blast even before releasing it.

Naruto stop it! It could backfire. The jutsu is becoming unstable. You have added a lot of chakra it could create a mini blast even before you release the jutsu.

Naruto just  gives a cocky smirk and says, Just watch Kurama.

Storm Release : Rasen Shuriken. Naruto tries to throw the shuriken towards Pain but instead of being thrown the Shuriken created a mini blast and Naruto was thrown backwards. His right hand was heavily damaged. Taking the advantage of the situation, Pain started inserting his chakra rods stopping Naruto's movements.

Flashback ends 

Remove that guilty face and stop saying sorry. Try to find a way and pray nothing bad comes out of your idiocy.

At that time Hinata comes in front of Naruto protecting him from Pain.

I won't let you hurt Naruto anymore. Said Hinata.

Hinata why did yo come here? You have already battled Sasori and defeated him. Also its my fault I am like this because of my overconfidence. Please go away I don't want you to get hurt because of me. You are in no condition to battle someone like him right now. I am begging you Hinata. You are so selfless please be selfish just this once please.

You have always protected me Naruto each and every time I needed that. So I can't run away when you needed my help. I am being selfish right now. I can't abandon you. I will protect you even if I die doing that ...

Hinata no please I can't forgive myself if something happened to you because of my mistake.

... because I love you.

Hinata loves me?