❦Night before

September 18

September 18

"Dolly!", shouted Nadalia's mother from the kitchen. Nadalia was out in the backyard taking pictures of the customized forces that got sent back to her yesterday so she can go ahead and post them on the instagram page that she uses to promote stuff on. She knew for sure she was going to wear them to school tomorrow and take pictures with a planned outfit so she can post it on her main account story along with tagging her business account  @ nadaliascloset and Dakota's business account. Which she usually does with clothing pieces because 1. She had hella followers on there to bring traffic and 2. She has to play her influencer role and influence.

In the middle of her picture taking she finally responded back to her mother, "Yeah mom one more i swear" she was In fact not taking one more picture but proceeded to take another five before she said more to herself but aloud "anddd i'mmmm done, here I come!" 

She stood from her spot and slightly jogged to the glass door sliding through the crack before closing it. She slipped her slides off and placed them off to the side of the door.  After doing that she began to walk to the farthest dining room chair where the box to the shoes sat, placing the owners inside it and finally making her way to the sink to wash her hands.

"Who did you say you got those from again?" her mother asked, gesturing to the box of shoes while placing the dinner plates onto the table.

"Dad not making it to dinner?" Nadalia asked before as she was washing her hands before providing an answer to her mom's question, "and by this girl from high school, mama she's so talented, imma have to show you her page" she exclaimed while she finished up drying her hands and making her way to sit at the table. Her mother softly chuckled over her enthusiasm in her voice as she mentioned the girl's work and voiced a low "ok" before going over to the fridge and taking a water bottle out.

As Nadalia's mother sat back at the table from retrieving the water she shook her head before finally giving a verbal answer to the question her daughter had asked her. "No, Assad and him decided to finish the last few client bikes so he wouldn't be able to make it to an early dinner and I didn't want to do a late one".  Assad also known as 'Uncle A' was Dalia's father's best friend and co-owner of their Motorcycle repair shop "AD Cycle Repair Clubhouse".  The 'D' stands for her father's name, Daevon.

Dalia finished up her spoonful of mash potatoes before she replied "oh, makes sense knowing him". Just like herself, her father loved getting things done with then and there when he could. He likes working and having something to do, as does she . Especially when it's something they love. She also takes after her therapist mother Lanai with their great people skills and lovable/trusting aura. She was thankful she took after her fathers dominant personality-traits and her mother's soft ones; it made her feel equally balanced .

After Nadalia and Lanai's early dinner they cleaned up and watched a movie, Daevon came in the middle of it and they all finished it off together.  After the movie was finally finished everyone started their night routines before heading to bed. Nadalia was the last to finish up her night routine and as she was brushing her teeth she checked through her accounts notifications before getting a new one, but this one was a dm. She clicked the notification to see it was from Dakota..

@ kotakustoms again thank you for allowing me, as a small business and artist to grow a little from your page (lmao I feel that sounds weird), idk how to show any more gratefulness but i'm glad you enjoy the shoes🖤"  . 

A smile slowly etched across her face as she finished reading the short sentence. She enjoyed the energy she got from Dakota. She was great when it came to sensing good people and she could tell Dakota was one which made her even more happy cause even though she loves supporting and promoting people's hustles and business she also loves even more doing it for people who deserve it.  After rinsing her mouth out she put her scarf on and braided her weave before putting her bonnet on. Once done she finally began to type back her reply.

@ _yesimdolly it most def didn't sound weird😂😂. I also love the shoes you're bomb at what you do I hope all successes come to you <33

Dakota slyly smiled to herself and replied back by just reacting to her message with the finger heart emoji and wishing success back to her before closing out the messages setting her phone alarm and ashing her blunt, ready to take her ass to sleep before tomorrow's hell-ache.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Throughout the story the pov will switch between Nadalia, Dakota and Narrator

Thoughts and opinions? Leave them!!

✰ Thoughts and opinions? Leave them!!