❦Standing on what?

D

D.M
October 30th

Dakota picked up the black Rick and Morty mug that was filled with freshly brewed raspberry mint tea, walking over to where her mother sat and handing the cup over before continuing her ranting.

"I just don't understand the point of him coming to my crib just to spew some nonsense that could've been in a text," She stressed with clear irritation before she slumped into the couch next to the curly haired woman.

Dakota's mother released a full lung's worth of oxygen before bringing the warm mug to her lips. Blowing on the liquid twice before taking a sip. After allowing the warm dark red liquid to travel down her throat she set the mug down on the coffee table in front of her and her daughter before crossing her legs and turning her body towards the face of her creation.

"Well he didn't lie to you. We did speak," Kora replied to the previous words her daughter had spoke in her rant when she was complaining about how Deandre spoke to her first and not the woman that the situation is about.

Dakota rolled her eyes with a 'hm' before crossing her words and opening her mouth to speak "and what did he say?"

"Basically the same that was said to you in other words," Kora started before reaching out for the mug to take a sip and leaving the warm ceramic in her hands once she was through, "in all honestly Kota bear— I've came to a point of acceptance in regards of the downfall of our marriage."

Dakota looked at her mother with a deep frown etching into her features as she was ready to spit out her unfiltered opinion on the words that just came out of her mother's mouth.

Before the action could be acted upon, Kora held a hand up to stop her daughter. Knowing her so well that she put a pause to whatever running thoughts that wanted to escape Dakota's brain and out of her mouth to finish her explanation that the younger girl obviously was wanting.

"Me and your father been together since we were nineteen. We then conceived you only six months being together and got married at twenty. We did everything backwards Dakota— we rushed," Kora took another inhale to collect herself before continuing on.

"And no I don't regret anything as me and your father loved each other very much and finding out about you, it increased. I think time just ran its course for your father. I think us starting life and hitting milestones too early just caused him to eventually— grow bored." Kora shrugged solemnly. She hated that those were the terms she had to come to. Even though Deandre would never say it out loud. Kora knew. Deep down and behind all her attempts to keep their spark, she knew the flame wouldn't be held too long.

Dakota's previous frowned up face began its morphing to one of sadness as she continued to hear her mother's explanation. She found it crazy how love could be a weakened thread. It also didn't help with her fear of being in-love either. She even thought to herself--