❦Bestie Time

D

D.M
October 17th

"Isn't that a good thing though?" Tiana asked. It was now two days after that I went out with my mom and was told the news of her and my dad's temporary separation.

I drank the last sip of my smoothie before responding "I mean yeah I guess but I don't know guess a part of me wanted them to work it out or some shit."

Tiana hummed at my reply "but don't you and your dad be in it and stuff?"

I sighed at her response because she was right. He pisses me off a lot from what he say and the actions he perform. I think deep down inside I wanted them to work out for my own self. I guess if they were able to work it out then maybe I'd be able to change my views on love. I never had the want to do so because seeing them go from the most in love pair to a toxic one was enough for me but after me and my moms talk, the urge to have a change in perspective on the whole thing came. Which was weird and something I didn't really wanna read much into or dwell on.

"Guess I just wanted different for my moms sake" I ended up saying. It was true, just not all the way.

I got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen, rinsing out my mason jar before sitting in the sink.

"Well enough of that shit what's up with you and Mason" I changed the topic while walking to my room, Tiana getting up from the couch to follow me.

I felt her hand push my shoulder forward causing me to cackle "his name is Maurice bitch and you know that." She then plopped on my bed.

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my rolling tray and weed from off my night stand before sitting on the edge of my bed. I needed to un-sober myself quick. I already had to speak on my parents and think on something I ain't really want to and now I gotta hear about my lover ass best friend and her fuck ass "man".

"Whatever the nigga name is" I lit my blunt to my lips as I waited for her to speak.

I heard her sigh pretty deeply, it made me look over my shoulder at her to see that her face kind of had a drop to it.

"It's good and all but he got too much shit going on like I be wanting to have more time with him but he got school, the frat and track to deal with."

Thought her ass was gonna say how i was right

I nodded my head slowly as I inhaled the blunt two times before passing it over to Tiana and fixing my position so that I can lay up against my headboard.

"I still think you should just drop him or at least make yourself more unavailable to him" I stated with a shrug. I'm not no hater or anything but it's just obvious he a player. I mean come on now the nigga is in a frat for one, for two he got a loc bob and three it's college and he stay on campus. The proof is in the pudding or however the saying goes.