❦Truth or Drink

October 2nd

October 2nd

It was now the early Sunday, 7:30 to be exact. Today is the day that Nadalia,Indiah, Dakota, Tiana and Kendra were supposed to be going to the beach later on.

When Nadalia first woke up she immediately went to her bathroom to do her regular morning routine before she began on fixing her room up. Dalia hates leaving the house with her room not up to par, when she comes home she wants to be able to just come home to do her night routine and jump into bed without the worry of cleaning something. After she was done with those tasks she made her way down stairs and was greeted with her parents at the dining table along with the scent of plantains and eggs for breakfast.

"Bonjou manmi, morning dad" Dalia spoke while she went to give each of her parents a kiss on the cheek.

"Morning Dolly" both the girl' parents said simultaneously, causing Nadalia to laugh.

She then walked over to the dish rack retrieving a plate before moving towards the stove to prep her breakfast.

"Hey Dalia I was thinking Assad and us can go out for go-kart racing, I didn't forget about celebrating you making the team" Daevon spoke before he took another sip of his apple juice.

Nadalia felt immediate remorse. She suddenly wished she hadn't made any prior plans with her friends. Nadalia loved doing stuff with her dad and uncle because it was always fun and entertaining, they haven't all done something like that since the near ending of her senior year due to all parties being super busy.

After having her food plated she walked over to the refrigerator grabbing a coconut water before closing it and finally replying to her father's awaited answer "I'm sorry dad I had planned on going to the beach with Indiah and two other friends, do you think we can go tomorrow after my classes. I have nothing planned for tomorrow" she quickly rushed out the suggestion, not wanting her father to feel rejected the time of celebrating and spending time with his daughter. Daevon replied with a simple smile at his daughter "it's okay sweetheart I'll see what I can do for tomorrow don't sweat it" Nadalia replied with a firm nod feeling glad that he seemed to be chill.

During the short interaction between the two, Nadalia's mother was listening intently especially as her daughter mentioned two unnamed friends "who's the friends you speak of, have I met them" the older woman questioned in a motherly tone.

Dalia released a soft chuckle before sitting at the table with her parents, between the two her dad was way more accepting of Nadalia's freedom and growing up. Her mother on the other hand still treated her like she was 10, and not because she didn't trust her daughter, she didn't trust the ones around her except Indiah and her family. She still saw Dalia as her baby and it was most likely due to Nadalia being her only child.

"Remember the girl that sent me those shoes to promote a while back" Nadalia said in an attempt to jog her mothers memory real quick before she continued. Lanai nodded once the vague memory appeared in her mind which gave Nadalia the go to continue "yeah well she actually goes to UCLA and over the time we gotten closer, that's-" she stopped herself quickly as she almost snitched herself out by telling her she went to her house that time when she told her mom that she was going to Diah's and she didn't even tell Diah she lied on her name. She also never said how Dakota been here. It's not that she was trying to be sneaky but she'd been so caught up in her head and everything else she didn't feel the need to mention Dakota, but she knew it was something deeper as to why she never brought the girl up and came out with the truth.