❦It was needed

D

D.M
September 29th

"So kid how you been recently and stuff," my father spoke to me once we finally got settled on our seats. After classes I was gonna have Nadalia pull up so we can continue our shared assignment but that's gonna have to change being that I took up my dad's offer on the car show that we would be attending after we finish eating.

I opened the menu and gave it my utmost eye contact "it's ight I guess," I so regretted my decision at this moment.

He lowly chuckled at my response which brought me to look up at him with a raised questioning brow "what's funny?"

"Why so dry kid I invited you out to talk" he clasped his hands together as he sat his arms on the table.

A heavy sigh left me as I flipped my menu over "I did talk though".

That burger look good as hell I might get that

"You know what I mean Dakota" he brung his hand into my field of vision as he tapped on my menu to get me to look at him. With a turned up face I looked at him "chill why you doing all that?"

His head shook as he blew his lips "what's this fake hate you got against me huh" he questioned.

One thing I can't stand about him is how he always thinks he innocent and don't do shit. He be so into himself that he forgets about the people around him and how his actions affect us.

I released a non-humorous laugh "dad be for real with yourself right now why would anything I have towards you or anyone in the matter be fake anything I feel or say is one hundred percent real and I don't 'hate' you, you just disappoint me" I spoke to him while giving him all my eye contact so he would understand how serious i'am.

He slowly nodded as he subtly faces down toward his watch "and whys that kid".

My eyes rolled so damn hard I thought they'd break loose from its socket "first you gotta stop calling me kid and second I tell you why every other month, you're a toxic person and you only give a damn about me when it's convenient for you to be".

A laugh came from him but it was the laugh you'd give someone when they've said some stupid shit "I'm toxic" he questioned in humor "you gotta get off YouTube and that tiktok shit" his head shook in amusement.

I looked at him hard and intensely as I could feel the tightness in my forehead and eyebrows "you deadass right now" I had to question to make sure I wasn't tripping right now.

Before he could speak the waiter came to our table "how's everything going today are you guys ready to order?"

"Yeah uh let me get the shrimp Alfredo and a unsweetened tea, preciate it" the waiter wrote his order down "hey kid what you want" he directed his answer to me.

"I want you to answer my question" I closed my menu and pushed it to the end of the table. I guess the waiter sensed some tension because all he said was he would give us more time before he came back.