❦Dads will be dads

D

D.M
September 20th

Today i don't have any classes so I just been home chilling and finishing a custom dickies fit for my cousin and her nigga to take pictures in. 

As I was finishing up the last details my phone started ringing interrupting my music along with Siri's voice announcing the call

  *Mama women with medium dark skin tone feeding baby FaceTime*

"Mmcht I gotta turn that shit off" I muttered to myself in response of the annunciation of the emoji placed by her contact name before I answered the call and propping my phone up so she can see me.

"Hi baby how are you"

                      "I'm good mama and yourself"

"Oh I'm okay sweetheart just dealing with your father that's all" she expressed with a giggle and a roll of her eyes.

I rolled my eyes but not in the same joking demeanor she did, but in a "tired of you laughing off y'all issues" type of way.

                  "Mm I bet, what's up mom you needed something?"

"Do I have to need something to call my daughter?"

She was right. I didn't mean to give her a biting tone, it's just the mention of her dealings with dad highkey irked me.

                   "My bad mama you know I enjoy your calls"

That made her smile. "I just wanted to know how your first day was being that I wasn't able to call you last night".

Hm I wonder why. "It was good mom, I enjoyed them, and it's alright".

  "Did you meet anybody and don't give that face"

I sighed, "what face did I give mom, and yea this girl I had familiars with sophomore and the one I did the shoes for not too long ago"

"You know what face I'm talking about Dakota, me and dad just went to the movies and had dinner. And that's good you did she's a smart girl if I recall you telling me, those the best friends to keep"

Not wanting to resurface on her and dad all I answered to the last part of her response with a distant "yeah".

  A few beats later she said "well what are you doing now, before I get off this phone I can tell your energy shifted"

"Just finished a dickies set for Malaysia and Keroy, and you know how i'm about topics regarding the both of y'all it's draining cause you either calling me how y'all got into it or calling me about how he bought you a new necklace or some shit"

"Watch it Dakota" was all she said before it went back silent. Of course she replies to me saying "shit" or my tone but not to the fact I was right.