❦What will this mean?

N

N.S
October 12th

Today is our team's first home performance which is for the football game. I'm ecstatic to be able to be out and in front of a larger and enthusiastic crowd but I also still get nervous even though this is our second performance. It's mostly because I haven't danced in front of crowds since eighth grade and the differences between the numbers are obviously contrasting so I'm still adjusting.

Right now I was in the dance room with a few other girls fixing up my appearance and also noting that this weave ponytail definitely needs to come out by tomorrow so I can get a sew-in.

As I was applying my body oil I felt a presence by me "Nadalia can I use some of your mousse" Courtney our captain asked me.

I quickly nodded before I walked over to my duffel bag to retrieve the bottle passing it to her "it's kind of reaching its end sorry" I said while also taking note that I most definitely need to hit the beauty supply tomorrow as well "girl don't worry I only need to fix my ends" she stated as she was squeezing the mousse into her palms and lathering at the ends of her deep wave bundles before handing it back to me.

"Thanks again honey" Courtney said before walking across the room to her two friends. The pet name kind of caught me off guard, my heart kind of thump a beat faster to it.

She's like that with everyone don't be weird

I shook the thought from my head. I guess I enjoy terms of endearment or something. Soon after we all began to group up as our coaches gave us words of encouragement and the whole run down of what's to be expected before we began going to our positions and walking out to the field.

Soon as we got onto those bleachers and started our routine all previous nervousness left my body as I became entrapped with the music and movements of my body. The loud cheers from all the different people boosted my energy and confidence and I can see it did the same for the rest of the teams. I wholeheartedly enjoyed myself so much more than I did during our first performance and if I hadn't already then I most definitely now regained that love and passion for dancing that I had so much of in middle school.

"Oh my ti lezanj you were so good!" My mom congratulated me after our performance and the game was over "thank you mommy." I returned a tight hug to my mother before turning towards my father and giving him one as well after he congratulated me.

"The football team was really good too but I saw two players that could use some more training or a heavy talk to" my dad criticized making me roll my eyes. He is such a football nerd and he tries so hard to make me become one as well when I much prefer basketball and track which I could thank Indiah for that.

Speaking of Indiah I started to catch a glimpse of her curly high puff ball as she came closer to the three of us"Bitchhh you killed that s—" Indiah stopped herself as she got closer to me, finally taking notice that my parents were with me, specifically my mom "I meant babess you killed that...stuff!" she poorly corrected herself making me and my dad laugh as my mom just mhm to.