❦Satisfaction brought it back

N

N.S
October 18th

"So what's going on with the photography thing you joined?" Indiah asked me as we were at our regular meet up spot between our classes. Today ain't going oh so well for me since I had a test in my first class brand management which was brain squeezing. To make everything more stressing, I had another test for my last class which was Economics.

Before answering her question. I dropped my shoulders and slouched my back as I released a heavy sigh "I quit the second day, yeah it's fun and all but I have too much to do and the club just a waste of my time."

As I finished my response. I looked over to Indiah to see her face held slight concern, "are you okay Dalia?"

The question took me by surprise to be honest. Yeah me and Indiah vent to each other and make sure one another is good but I guess it was the context she decided to ask the question.

Last time I talked to Indiah and Dakota how I felt overwhelmed in a way and how I think what I'm going to school for might not be something I actually want to do.

Now that I'm thinking about, am I okay?

Taking a shallow inhale. I re-faced my best friend, "I don't know to be honest, I guess I'm kind of just going through the motions in a way."

"Is it still your major thing or like— is it something else?"

I looked into Indiah's caring and concerned dark brown eyes before replying. I don't really know what it is that's bothering me, maybe it's a collective of multiple things attacking me all at once pr it could just be one thing I haven't pinpointed yet due to distractions.

I didn't even know I was not okay until the question was asked which was weird. I guess I really have just been rolling with the punches.

"Maybe it's just everything like school and myself and the Dakota thing hasn't made it better, but it's fine I just need to take more breaks and get used to the whole college and adult shit still you know" I released a soft chuckle as I finished my response. Indiah looked at me for a few seconds longer before she let out her own soft chuckle.

"Yeah I get that you been saying that from the get-go, probably my fault for begging you to come with to places my fault Dolly."

Before she can continue on her apologetic rant I quickly stopped her as I shook my head and held up a silencing hand.

"Be for real, it's not your fault and I had fun going out and experiencing other sides of college so don't worry about that."

What I said was completely true. If I hadn't went to the party or skating or even the beach. I probably wouldn't have gotten to know Dakota and me and Indiah wouldn't have gotten to know her friends. The being out wasn't the issue at all but I'll figure out the actual one when I have more time to myself, I feel I've spent so much of my own time thinking about Dakota so much. It's honestly unhealthy now that I'm thinking about it. Hell my thoughts about the girl literally has been silencing my worries about what I actually want to do with my time in school and my career.