❦Kickback not so kick-backed?

October 21st

October 21st

It's been three days since Dakota and Nadalia discussed one of their problems in the hall of their AA studies class. Dakota has yet to talk about the other things she vaguely spoke of, but Nadalia wasn't rushing her. She was just glad and relieved that the two of them were back to their normal friendly selves.Nadalia even invited her and Tiana to Raina's kickback, one of the Juniors on her majorette team.

The kickback was open invite and would be at an Air bnb in Calabasas. When Nadalia first heard the location and the where it'll be hosted in she immediately thought it was a party but Raina made sure to reassure her that it isn't and that the air bnb was small and cozy and she got it more out the way because apparently black people didn't like to go out too far. Raina also stated that she only invited the team except four girls she was in it with and a few athletes.

Right now it's 5:15 and the kickback starts at 8 and ends at 11 which was perfect for Nadalia and Indiah. Nadalia had showered at home and threw on a plain short set while she had her actual outfit in a tote. The two decided to meet up at Indiah's place and get ready there before leaving to the event.

"Alright so how's this Raina girl anyway? Actually how's the team period?" Asked Indiah as she was in her full length mirror, fixing her slick back bun. Indiah usually always has her hair done back to back because she hates dealing with the thick and coarse curls but she knew her hair needed a break from all the tension and to actually breathe.

Nadalia slid out of the dms she was going through on her businesses account before looking at her talk best friend, "well Raina is kind of known I guess you can say for her placement on the team, she's reserved but she knows hell of people" she answered. Pausing as she thought of the other girls.

"Courtney is our captain and she's really nice and she's really known to the athletes and people in performing arts but she not bitchy or nothing but I will say she do not play," Nadalia made sure to say because at first meeting you would think she is but she isn't.

Indiah finished up her bun and walked over to the bed and where Nadalia is as she sat by her, "yeah some dude on the team was saying how he been trying to get at her since the summer or something" she laughed as she rolled her eyes at the remembrance of how pathetic he had sounded when he was talking about it.

Nadalia laughed at the way Indiah said the words and shook her had at the boys misery.

"I've heard her say she has a strict rule against dating athletes, she say they the biggest whores or something like that" Nadalia replied between her little giggles.

Indiah dramatically gasped as she clasped her chest with her right hand "now hold on cause she is wrong, maybe the boys but not the girls!"

Dalia chuckled as she teasingly shrugged her shoulders, "hey not my words, take that up with her" she raised her hands in mock surrender as she bit back the rest of her laughs.