❦Just admit it

D

D.M
October 12th

When I was finally home from dropping Nadalia off I immediately packed up two blunts and turned on some music. I needed to relax myself and sedate my brain before it ended up overthinking and fuck up my thought process. As I was smoking and feeling the effects cloak my insides I was able to go over everything that occurred after the..kiss.

"Why" Nadalia asked with a now shaky voice.

I looked at her face for a few seconds trying to come up with an answer that I myself didn't even know "uh I wanted to" I ended up saying as I straightened my posture. I wish I could've gave a more effective reply but I don't think I wanna delve deep into that right now. My reasons were probably superficial anyway!

Nadalia turned away from me once again while slightly shaking her head "no I— just no" she said lowly making me scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean 'no'" I questioned. Wanting so badly to have her attention on me so I can see what she may be thinking painted on her face.

Still faced towards her side of the window she answered "I wasn't suppose to do that and you weren't either" she stated simply, her voice more firm even though her tone seemed to waver.

Now I was more confused, was it really this serious? I mean yeah we friends and all but it's not like we exchanged tongues and shit it was only a peck.

"Why weren't you, I mean I understand why you did it" I voiced causing her gaze to move towards me slightly. I could've asked why I wasn't either but I don't think I want to hear her answer to that for some reason.

"You do?" She asked seeming to be surprised that I could potentially know how she felt without her needing to speak.

"Yeah I mean you did it because I gave you a sense of comfort and you hadn't felt such due to your worries. It's good I promise" I spoke in a understanding and confident tone. I mean that's why me and Tiana use to.. never mind.

I watched as Nadalia's face dropped towards the end of my words before she faced the window again. It was like she was disappointed or something and I didn't know why. Or maybe I did..

"Right" she said after a few moments. I stared at the back of her head as i battled with the thoughts to say something more on the matter or just leave it alone. Maybe she was embarrassed by the action and if I said more it'd probably make it worse.

"I should start dropping you off now huh" my voice low as the cold awkwardness filled the vehicle and space between us. I was usually better in these type of situations but this felt different for some reason.

"Yeah we should, I'm sorry again" she finally faced me "it's all good Dolly stop saying sorry it wasn't just you" I replied with a small smile. I mean I'd understand if she was apologizing if I didn't lean in as well.