3 - Fairytale Beginnings

The avid reader belonged in the bookstore. That was a refuge, a safe place, for anyone seeking an escape to another universe.

Jimin often went there to buy books that were on sale, or borrow some if he couldn't buy any. Lately, he's been trying to learn more about classical love stories, which led him here.

As the blonde beauty entered the bookstore on a temperate, sunny day, his sunglasses were resting on the bridge of his nose as he walked from his Corvette to the entrance of the bookstore.

This bookstore in particular was situated towards the end of the city where not many people knew Jimin, but he loved the store. It had quality books and he had been through most of the books in the store nearer to his home.

So, he ventured out further into the city to find a good book to read. Something that could keep him occupied for three days.

It was just two hours before his shift at the radio station. He wore a pale pink sweatshirt along with a dark blue jeans, looking absolutely cute as he had his blonde strands falling over his brows.

The man removed his sunglasses as he entered the store, the bell chiming above him as he walked through the threshold. There, he stepped into his haven.

At first glance, the owner of the bookstore stood behind the cash register, her eyes meeting Jimin's. He had come here too many times for her to not notice him.

"Ah, you're back. You were here just four days ago. Here to buy another novel?" she piped up once she saw him enter. He flashed her one of his warm smiles that suited the weather, stepping up to the counter to make small talk.

"Yes, I am. I'm looking for something in particular. I've seen it here before and I want to read it now," Jimin smiled at her, his skin practically glowing as he radiated warmth. The owner nodded.

"Well, you know where to find it. I won't stop you," she chuckled, allowing Jimin to venture out into the store to find what he was looking for.

He thanked her, before he strode towards the romance section. He knew just what kind of book he wanted.

His eyes skimmed over the alphabet to the author he was looking for, a thoughtful expression on his face as his lips took form of a pout. His eyes were squinted a tiny bit as he looked through the shelves to find what he was looking for.

A moment later, just as he was about to pull out the jackpot from in between the dusty books, a voice interrupted him. This caused him to stop, meeting the person who broke him out of his silence.

"You're into romance novels?" the young man asked. The man speaking to him didn't seem much older. He had short, brown hair and pretty eyes. He wore a smile, that radiated positivity and comfort.

The heart shaped smile allowed Jimin to smile back, feeling unharmed by the stranger who broke the ice.

"Yeah. Romance novels are quite wonderful. As someone who needs an escape from reality, romance is the way to go for me. Something about a timeless love story really makes me all soft inside," Jimin responded. The man chuckled as he also looked through the shelf, before pulling out the book he wanted to read. Coincidentally, the book just happened to be the one Jimin wanted.

"Hey, that's my book," Jimin frowned as the man took it into his hand, dusting it off and examining the condition.

"You wanted to read this one?" the stranger asked, his eyes darting between Jimin and the book. The book at hand happened to be "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë, an 1847 classic.

"Well, yes, Mister... I was just about to take it off of the shelf," Jimin frowned, clearly saddened by the fact that somebody took the book he's been eyeing for a while.