15 - Portraits

Dinner for the pair went extremely well. Jimin was exposed to a new side of Jungkook. He got to see the fun, playful side.

He wondered what brought about this change. But, Jungkook did say that Jimin was the reason he was a little more happy lately.

Jungkook was worried about that fact, because he didn't want anyone to consider Jimin to be his weakness. However, if push comes to shove, Jungkook was willing to go to the ends of the earth to protect Jimin from any harm.

The mafia leader even forgot about his plan to negotiate Jimin's life with Mr. Park. His scheme to gain power within the law was slowly being overridden by his attachment to Jimin. He couldn't find it in himself to return Jimin back to Mr. Park in exchange for power.

After the rather jovial dinner, Jungkook led Jimin back upstairs. Although the blonde had a slight problem while walking, he walked fine. Ascending not one but two staircases may have been tedious, but they accomplished it.

Jungkook held Jimin's hand and led him back to his bedroom. The older man felt a strong attachment to Jimin because he never had sex in his bedroom before.

Jungkook had another room on a different floor for that. He never brought anyone up here beside the eldest housekeeper because to him, this floor was a gateway to his mind. One could learn a lot about him by just coming up here.

The floor was dark, gloomy, intense, with portraits of the same woman everywhere in the small living room.

Jimin noticed this much. The alcohol as well, was a significant part of Jungkook's life. Everything on this floor was a basic rundown on who Jungkook was as a person.

Jimin's eyes met the huge portrait hanging above the alcohol cabinet. A chill went down his spine, looking at the woman. It may have been a portrait, but she had no gleam in her eyes. Jimin could only see pain.

He tore his gaze away as quickly as he could, allowing Jungkook to lead him to the older man's bedroom. Jungkook had already changed the sheets prior to dinner.

Jungkook took his space on the right of the bed, near the windows, while he allowed Jimin to rest on the left of the bed nearest to the door.

Jimin laid under the sheets, cuddling into Jungkook's arms. Ever since the younger man took his nap on Jungkook the other day, the mafia leader grew a huge attachment to him.

Opening his arms, Jungkook accepted his affection happily. He held Jimin to his chest, feeling the younger's breath on his bare chest.

Jimin didn't just stop there. He reached his right hand up, caressing the scars on Jungkook's abdomen. He knew Jungkook had a dark past, maybe very intense and he couldn't open up about it yet, but Jimin didn't want to give Jungkook a reason to hide who he was. He wanted Jungkook to feel safe with him, just like how he felt with Jungkook.

They laid like this for a moment, with Jungkook slowly learning to accept Jimin's caresses to his scars. It felt intimate and very emotional for him, but he allowed it. Jimin was just so different.

After a long moment of silence, Jimin spoke up.

"Will you ever tell me how you got these scars?" Jimin asked in a soft and gentle voice, his curiosity slipping out. Jungkook bit his lower lip lightly, pondering over whether or not he should tell Jimin. By telling him, he'd be strengthening that emotional connection that they've been growing lately, and Jungkook wasn't sure if he was ready for that yet. He trusted Jimin, but he had no idea if Jimin would be here with him permanently.

"I'll tell you eventually, Jimin... I don't think we should do this right now," Jungkook whispered as he held Jimin to his bare chest, the blonde laying against the tattoo of a Poppy flower that was printed on Jungkook's heart.