4 - Switch

Jimin went home that evening with a project at hand. He had to finish the novel within forty-eight hours in order to let the man he just met read it as well. It was really kind of him to offer Jimin to read first.

So the blonde read as much as he could, every second that he had a chance. He had barely said two words to his aunt when he went home, and he read the book during dinner with his father and aunt.

He did that as best as he could, even itching to pick the book up and read during his shift at the radio station. However, he knew that he couldn't. Even though he was practically robbed of six hours out of the forty-eight, he still read the entire book and had it ready for Hoseok that Friday.

In the midst of all that happening within the forty-eight hours, Hoseok was also reading the book he had chose in order to be free on Friday, ready to read Jane Eyre.

While he was reading the last chapter on the Friday morning before he could return, someone rather surprisingly interrupted him. Surprisingly, because it wasn't the usual people interrupting Hoseok, like Taehyung or Yoongi.

It was, in fact, Hoseok's leader, Jungkook.

"I have a job for you," Jungkook interrupted Hoseok's reading during breakfast.

"Seriously, Jungkook? I have to meet Jimin in two hours and I have to be finished. Can you wait until after I get my book from him?" Hoseok pleaded as he flipped the page, his eyes meeting Jungkook's in a hopeful manner.

"So his name is Jimin?" Jungkook inquired, again, rather suspiciously.

"Why are you so interested in a random passerby anyway?" Hoseok put his book down for a moment as he analyzed his leader.

Jungkook scoffed, taking a seat opposite Hoseok on the couch as they gathered in the living room.

"Is he just familiar to me only?" Jungkook asked, his arms folded across his chest in an intimidating manner, his biceps flexing beneath his dress shirt.

"Yes, because I would remember seeing a guy like him around. He's pretty. Anyway, that's not the point. I want to finish my book before noon so please stop interrupting," Hoseok looked at his friend.

"As I said, I have a mission for you. You can't go," Jungkook said, as a matter of fact.

"So how will I get the novel from him?" Hoseok began to get upset. He's been wanting to read a classic love story for a while. Hoseok was the type to admire lovely crafts even if it didn't suit him. And, a romance novel wasn't exactly his thing but he was open to anything.

Jungkook pursed his lips. Well, of course he wasn't in thought. He already had everything planned to the detail. He just wanted to make sure Hoseok didn't suspect him of anything shady so he pretended to be completely innocent.

"Mmm... Maybe... I could get your book for you?" Jungkook suggested openly, although this was his plan from the start.

"You'd do that?" Hoseok raised an eyebrow, his features having disbelief written all over them.

"Of course, I would, Hobi. You're like my brother," Jungkook teased, a small smirk on his lips as he sunk back into the couch, arms resting on the arm rests of the old fashioned single couch.

Hoseok could easily read that smirk. He has seen it one too many times for him to not recognise.

"What are you planning?" Hoseok frowned as he grew tense. The older man knew his leader. They all practically lived together for at least five years. There was no way that he could misinterpret Jungkook's actions.

"Nothing..." Jungkook said, but his smirk contradicted his words.

"You're lying," Hoseok flattened, crossing his arms over his chest as well, watching his friend and leader very carefully.