8 - Beneath The Surface

The night went on. Jimin fell asleep shortly after, and Hoseok and Seokjin were left to inform the other members of the mafia family that Jimin was a guest of some sort.

Jungkook stayed in his secluded floor of the mansion. He didn't let anyone up there, and that was how the night continued.

The next morning, Hoseok went to check up on Jimin in his bedroom. The sun had risen, and it was shortly after nine in the morning when the older man checked up on him.

Once Hoseok entered the bland bedroom, he noticed Jimin was buried beneath the comforter. He immediately softened, even in his sleepy state. Hoseok was very caring, and he wanted to get Jimin ready. Once he saw the man still asleep, Hoseok just exited the bedroom silently, deciding not to wake him up.

While leaving the bedroom stealthily, he bumped into Jungkook who was descending the staircase of the third floor. He wanted to check on Jimin as well, but seeing Hoseok come out of his bedroom made the leader very suspicious.

"What were you doing inside his room?" Jungkook asked, his stance strong and stiff as he folded his arms across his chest. He was wearing his sleepwear that consisted of a t-shirt and sweatpants. His tattooed arms were on display because of the t-shirt. Jungkook had his arms tattooed, along with his back. He had just one tattoo on his chest, but he wanted to fill his torso with ink soon.

The brunette halted in his step, feeling nervous since he was caught out by Jungkook, but, he hadn't even done anything wrong to begin with.

"I was...just...checking on Jimin. I wanted to see if he was awake. We can't let him starve," Hoseok said, trying to stand tall but he was still shorter than Jungkook.

The leader nodded, his response short.

"Just get him ready when he wakes up. Allow him to adjust. Show him around if he wants. You'll know what to do," Jungkook said. With that, he left to head downstairs. Hoseok sighed in relief, before he followed behind to get ready for his morning.

In an hour's time, Hoseok and Seokjin were back from the mall with clothes for Jimin, and they helped the younger settle in. Jimin lacked a small spark in his eyes as he continued his day, allowing Hoseok to care for him and Seokjin to help him when needed.

In some ways, Hoseok felt guilty. He felt as if he was the reason Jimin was in this mess in the first place, since he allowed Jungkook to catch sight of him.

While Hoseok and Seokjin helped Jimin get dressed and set up his bedroom, Jungkook was out in the courtyard of his mansion. He sat on a deck chair, overlooking the garden as he puffed his cigarette, the stick in between his fingers as he exhaled clouds of smoke.

His smoking habit wasn't always bad, but whenever he became stressed, he'd smoke. What was worse happened to be his alcoholic ways, which he needed saving from because he was heading towards alcoholism.

As he puffed on his cigarette, a presence joined him, taking a seat on the chair next to him.

"So you brought home a guest?" his best friend asked. It just so happened to be Namjoon. Jungkook held a special place in his life for Namjoon, because the older man helped him when he was in dire straits.

Namjoon was like the older brother he never had. Soon enough, he found four other older brothers.

Kim Namjoon was the caporegime. He was basically the captain of the operations out on the field, and would dictate roles whenever Jungkook or Taehyung wasn't there. He formed plans.

He liked to guide Jungkook, because even if they all killed, they had hearts too.

Jungkook put off his cigarette in its ashtray, and turned to Namjoon.