10 - Little

The next day, Mr. Park entered Jimin's bedroom. With the bedroom completely empty, the bed dishevelled but no sign of Jimin ever being here other than his belongings still in its place since Sunday night, Mr. Park began to wonder where his son had gone.

He wore his police uniform. Since he was Chief, he had a different badge compared to his inferiors.

Pulling out his cellphone from his pocket, he stood at Jimin's doorway to dial his number. Only to be met with disappointment, Jimin's phone began to ring on his bedside table, the screen lighting up and his upbeat ringtone sounding through the empty bedroom.

That was very unlike Jimin to leave without his cellphone.

"Minji," Mr. Park yelled, jogging down the staircase to meet his sister who prepared his breakfast.

"Yes," she called back.

"Have you seen Jimin? He hasn't been home since yesterday," Mr. Park said with concern evident in his tone of voice.

"Well, I thought you knew where he was... He didn't tell me anything," Minji said, her thoughts trying to search for any time where Jimin told her that he was leaving.

"His phone is here," Mr. Park stated, moving to the living room window to peep through the curtains.

"His car is outside too," Mr. Park stated, his eyes glancing at the Corvette.

"My son is not here. If he doesn't show up tonight then I'm going to search for him," Mr. Park stated firmly, grabbing the remains of his uniform before he could leave the home.

"What if he's just with a friend?" Minji asked, calling after the police officer as he exited the front door.

"I know my son. He doesn't have any friends," Mr. Park said. The man had his intuition. He may have been absent a lot, but he loved his son more than anything, and wanted him safe. And now, his instincts wanted him to make sure that his son was safe.

* * *

It was a Tuesday. After Jimin had left Jungkook's floor, the younger man couldn't help but feel ecstatic. He felt happier knowing that Jungkook valued him just the slightest bit; enough to allow Jimin to break a rule and visit him upstairs whenever he liked.

Jimin expected Jungkook to maybe lash out or get angry at him for invading his privacy, but he didn't. He was calmer than usual because even if he had a history of anger issues, there wasn't a single cell in his body that wanted to hurt Jimin.

The next morning, everything was actually comfortable. The mafia was back to their usual daily running, and Jimin was like their guest who just watched.

Jungkook did have a job for Taehyung and Namjoon to do. Those two left early in the morning to handle something in Daegu, so it was just the five of them in the mansion.

Jimin was in his bedroom, sitting after he had showered. The best part was that he got amazing and expensive clothes to wear, all of which Jungkook had paid for.

The man was bored out of his mind. He had no cellphone with him. He had nothing to do. He could try to explore the mansion more. Maybe, he could sneak upstairs and give Jungkook a surprise visit. Maybe, he could talk to him more and learn more about him.

Suddenly, the door to his temporary bedroom opened, revealing a freshly showered Jungkook. The man wore a t-shirt again, his tattooed arms showing. Jimin didn't get a chance to fully admire those tattoos before but now, he was.

Jungkook shut the door behind him, entering further to take a seat on Jimin's bed beside the younger. Jimin tensed up at such close proximity. He hasn't been so close to anyone in years, besides his aunt. It gave him anxiety whenever somebody sat so close to him, in a space like this. However, he chose to ignore it, because Jungkook didn't know.