Ms. Hwang (Ch. 62)

"Good Morning Mr. Kim and to you, Ms. Yim." Ms. Hwang greeted both of us with a smile. It was quite odd seeing it.

"G-Good Morning, Ms. Hwang." I quickly released my hand off of Taehyung's and quickly greeted her back with a bow. I looked to see then as Ms. Hwang glanced at Taehyung. I looked over to him to see that they both looked each other in the eye.

"Mind if we talk in your office, Mr. Kim? Also with Ms. Yim?"

"Ah- right." I went infront to lead Ms. Hwang as Mr. Kim followed. He's acting odd now that Ms. Hwang arrived. He's not showing any expression whatsoever.

_________________

I was about to close the door behind me as I was about to leave after Mr. Kim and Ms. Hwang came in.

"You as well, Ms. Yim. We need to talk. All three of us." She called me out just as I was going to leave.

"Y-Yes..." I went in and closed the door. It feels awkward considering the mood and atmosphere here. It's like it's suffocating in here.

"What is it that you want to say to us?" Taehyung finally spoke out as Ms. Hwang sighed.

"You don't have to be so cold. I just came here to say my dear congratulations to you both." She folded her arms while she looked at me with a sincere smile. This is so odd.

"T-Thank you!" I bowed to her as a thanks but Taehyung did his own as he walked his way to his seat.

"Seems like Ms. Yim's the only considerate one. You find it odd don't you, Ms. Yim?"

"S-Sorry?" I didn't understand what she meant by odd.

"I'm Ms. Hwang. Ms. Hwang who's congratulating you on your engagement. You find that odd don't you?" She tilted her head waiting for me to respond. She's right. It is weird after seeing her being the one who keeps stealing Taehyung away from me. "Are you going to say something?"

"I do... find it odd as well."

"Right? I've given up though." She sighed as she looked over to Taehyung, "On him to make it clear. I've given up on him I guess." She then looked over to me with a smirk, "You're relieved aren't you?"

"W-What-"

"I've been giving it some thought after what I've done even in high school. I guess I didn't mature at all when I look at it. I did like Mr. Kim though so it was hard seeing how he liked someone else which was you... The way I tried to win him back was probably not the best, but atleast I'm stopping now... right?" I stood there still while I saw Taehyung just going though his files. "I don't even know now why I like him when he's not listening. Good thing he knocked some sense into me or else I'll be stuck liking him forever."

"What did he do..?"

"You wanna know? I didn't give up on him not too long ago. The last time I tried to make a move on him again was during your trip to the beach."

"What!" It was bad enough that it wasn't that long ago. I just saw Taehyung there as he sighed.

"I didn't do much though. If you call it bad that I kissed him with a jump then-"

"Why did you do that!-" Just as I was about run up to her, she stopped me just as she looked at me.

"It was a joke." She said it so monotonous that it's awkward now. "It's probably not a joke then... a lie. I didn't kiss him. I almost did though."

"What- are you playing with me?-"

"He stopped me and told me to give up on him... but who declines a kiss by pushing a woman's face that her lipstick smeared all over her?!" She looked over to Taehyung with a glare like she had some grudge over him. "My favorite lipstick shade that I just put on just for him got ruined by him. Tsk. But anyways..." She looked over back to me with a smile, "I really am giving up since I know it's over for me and I guess it will hurt if I cling onto my feelings any longer..." She walked over to me as she grabbed my hands and held them with hers, "I wish the best for you both. I'll try my best to be better. I know I'm still lacking but..." She stepped back as she bowed to me, "I hope we'll be good friends when I come back in a better state." I was surprised by the way she thought of herself. I didn't think she would at all to be honest. "I know I really REALLY did the worst things to you ever since and I don't know how to own it back with good..."