Paper

C o l e

As the clock ticked on, reaching closer and closer to the finish time, the other students around me grew antsy as they packed their things up. I could understand why, our professor had shifted from our actual topic to speak about something with their personal life that somehow correlated to the lesson.

I'm not really sure how it was relevant but I listened anyways since there was only five minutes left.

"Oh, it seems that's all the time we have for today. Remember, your ten paged paper is due on Friday and tomorrow's classes are cancelled so you guys basically have an extra free day to work on it" the professor said, speaking loud so that the people who had already left the room could hear even though they probably didn't.

Once the crowding at the door cleared, I took my leave as well. My next class wasn't for another hour so I usually got something to eat while waiting.

Speaking of waiting-

"Cole!" I turned at the sound of my name only to be greeted with a chest in my face and a tight squeeze to my body.

"Jean...please" I groaned as I tried to get the man to release me.

"You're gonna kill him you dummy" Cinder, Jean's sister, was following right behind him and as her duty as his sister, she peeled the man off of me who then fought to be freed from her grasp.

"Let goooo!" Jean cried as he flailed around and I just gave a weary chuckle at the two.

Cinder and Jean were some of the first people I met when starting here last year and somehow, we became pretty good friends throughout it.

Jean was the ever hyperactive and sociable type, way different from his sister who was more on the cool and mature side. Which is hilarious because Jean is the older one of the two. The two were younger than me, Jean being 21 and Cinder was 19 so at times it kinda felt like they were my younger siblings too.

They didn't really resemble each other that much, Jean's blonde hair and grey eyes setting him apart from Cinder's black hair and brown eyes. No one would really think they're related at first glance, I was actually a bit surprised myself to learn that they were.

"What are we eating today? I'm totally starving right now" Jean said as he held a hand to his stomach in emphasis.

"Well maybe if you woke up on time for your lectures this wouldn't be a problem" Cinder chided and Jean just pouted.

"I did, I did! My alarm just...went back to sleep with me" he said and I deadpanned at him.

Of course it did.

"Well, whatever we do get, we should take it to go. I've gotta finish working on this analysis paper" I said and the two nodded so we headed outside. There were a couple of good and fast places to pick up some food so I wasn't too worried about time being an issue, but whenever these two get to arguing that's a whole different story.

Which is exactly what they were doing...

"I don't want pizza, all that grease isn't good for my skin" Jean said as he touched his cheek in horror at the thought of his face breaking out.

"Well, what do you want? And don't say a salad or something because I'll lose my mind" Cinder chided and Jean frowned.

"When has a salad ever filled someone up? I'm a big boy, I need meat. Oh, let's get chicken, I love chicken" Jean's words made me chuckle. He could switch moods so quick it was almost scary, Cinder only shaking her head at her brother's one track mind.

After getting our food, we headed to a few tables outside of the store and I pulled out my papers, leaving just enough room for my food on the very edge of the table.