Pay

[A/N]: Thank you guys so much for 2k followers I literally don't know what I'm doing but I'm appreciative all the same 😭😭😭 I hope everyone is staying healthy and hydrated as always~! Work has been kicking my ass and I'm very sorry for the delay 🙏 I will try to bring out more updates cause I wanna update so bad aghhh

C o l e

"Cole! Cole!" calling out to me after class was none other than Jean who stopped in front of me, not even breaking a sweat after running from across the courtyard.

"Yes...?" I asked wearily as I watched him smile at me.

"I need a really huge favor from you!" Jean said, clasping my hand with his and bringing it up between us as he gave me a pleading look.

"Uh...what is it?" I said.

"So, you know how I'm in the theater department and all?" He started and I gave a nod.

"Mhm"

"So, for our play, our main lead got caught in an injury and his understudy just also happens to be sick and uh, the play is in two weeks" Jean rambled on and I could only wonder why he was telling me this.

"I'm not sure I'm following..." I said and that's when Jean straightened up.

"It's just, you are the exact same size as our lead and your looks even match the parts, no offense to the other guys but you look much better than them anyways!" When hearing those words, I quietly stepped back with a shake of my head.

"Sorry, I don't think I'd be a very good actor" I said as I pulled my hand from his.

Even if I had "acted" as someone else for my whole life, I highly doubt that counts as experience. And being in front of a bunch of people as I struggle to perform well didn't exactly sound like a fun time.

"No, it's okay! We can practice lots and I can help you out! Please Cole, the department is depending on me to find a fill in and I kind of already told them I found one..." Jean pleaded and I frowned.

He had already told them I said yes...

"Don't look at me like that! I panicked! I was under the influence of peer pressure!" Jean sobbed as he clung to my shoulders and I just sighed.

"Fine. Luckily for you, I've finished my smaller upcoming assignments so I do have a bit of free time on my hands. Just don't interfere with my project work days" I said and Jean's face lit up like the sun on the horizon.

"You're the best!!" He cried as he hugged me tightly and all I could do was let him.

"Also, is it okay if we practice at your place? Our house isn't exactly the quietest" Jean said after he finished draining the life out of me.

"Sure, just let me know beforehand" I said as I rubbed my arms a bit.

"Great!! Thank you so much Cole I owe you big time!" Jean cheered before running off to go do whatever it was that Jean does.

With a sigh, I decided to just worry about that matter later. I needed to head to class before I was late so I got a move on.

Once I arrived, I saw Cinder waiting outside the room and I walked up to her with a short wave.

"Hey" I said and she nodded.

"Hey stranger" she said and as I came to a stop in front of her, a particular scent hit me and I looked to the woman.

"You reek of cigarettes" I said and Cinder chuckled.

"Stressful weekend" she said with a shrug.

"Did Jean harass you?" She suddenly asked and I furrowed my brows.