Trust [M]

3k followers...you guys are seriously too kind JFNSKDJ I swear I am grateful to every single one of you, follower or not, who has ever even given my book the time of day T_T thank you so so so much for all the support and I hope that I can continue to deliver for you guys in the next upcoming weeks!! I still find it hard to believe all of this started over a year ago! To everyone whose followed Eros and Cole's story til now, I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading!!!

As always, I hope you all are staying safe, healthy, and hydrated!

Slight 18+ activity ahead, proceed with caution & keep your hands on your phones at all times (jk...?🥴). Thank you 🗿

C o l e

As I waited by the place I told Myles to meet me at, I thought of how to approach the situation. I preferred if it was quick and painless but given the circumstances, I'd say we're past that kind of courtesy.

Depending on how Myles acts that is.

I could hear footsteps approaching me, they lightened as they got closer, as if the person didn't want me to know they were right behind me. I turned and Myles flinched when my eyes landed on him, I could tell from the bags under his eyes that he didn't get a wink of sleep at all.

"Hi..." he said awkwardly as he kept his eyes averted but I just stared him down.

I waited for a bit, keeping the air tense as I made sure to keep my face steeled. I wanted to see if he would make the first step and apologize to me but seeing as his lips were shut tighter than a bolt, I knew I would have to be the one to start this conversation.

"Is avoiding your problems all you know how to do? Even when they're right in front of you?" I asked, my voice being the only thing illuminating the silence and Myles' eyes looked to mine nervously.

Sighing, I pushed some of my bangs away from my face.

"You could at least start with an apology" I said.

"I know uh...I'm sorry. I just came with the expectation to be yelled at, I'm still trying to get my thoughts together" Myles said.

His stature was that of complete unease, the nervousness rolling off of him in strong waves. Deciding to cut him some slack, I spoke up.

"I'm not saying this to comfort you but hopefully what I'm about to tell you will be enough closure for you to move on" I started and let out a breath.

"Per our...conversation yesterday, to answer your question, Eros is and will be the only person I'll ever love" I said as I stared at Myles, capturing his nervous eyes with my unwavering ones.

"I don't trust anyone the way I do him, and I don't think I ever can. He's the most important person in my life, even the person I am today is because of him. I won't simply just lose feelings for him and decide to leave him because of someone else. Even if we're to part ways, I will never stop loving him. I hope that you can understand from this that having feelings for me will get you nowhere. I will never return them"

Once I was finished, Myles didn't seem as nervous as a few moments ago, if anything he was actually listening to me this time unlike yesterday.

"I'm sure if he heard those words, he'd be the happiest man on the planet" Myles said, a forlorn smile on his face.

"I'm sorry for what I did. I acted in a horrible manner that even surprised myself. I never meant to hurt you" Myles said as he looked down in shame and I nodded in response.

"It's alright, as long as you understand, that's all that matters" I said.

"Thanks. I think it's best if we kept our distance for now, just until the next semester if that's alright..." Myles said as he looked to me to see my reaction.