Unknown

C o l e

I had been trying to bring up the topic of my mysterious threat to Eros for the past two days but we just keep missing each other for some reason. Thankfully, he had a day off today and my plan was to tell him after breakfast.

"You finished?" I asked as I came to the kitchen and Eros nodded, his plate already washed and in the dryer. He was writing something down in his notebook, likely something work related as per the usual.

"Good, I need to tell you something" I said and Eros' eyes rose from his notebook as he gave me a look.

"Well coincidentally, I have something to tell you too" he said and that surprised me.

"You go first then" I said.

"Alright. Now keep in mind, Noel is to blame for everything I'm about to say" Eros said and I pursed my lips.

"You say that every time you talk about your problems" I said.

"Well this time I'm being for real" Eros said and I just motioned for him to keep going.

"So, remember that guy I was telling you about? Silver Hawthorne?" Eros started and I nodded.

"Yes"

"Well, he came to me a few weeks ago with some sort of alliance proposal. Originally, I was going to properly refuse him" Eros said.

"But you didn't?" I said and Eros shook his head as he pulled something from the back of his notebook.

"I wanted to but then he threw this in my face" Eros said as he placed the photo on the table and slid it my way.

In the photo was a woman and a young man, people I've never seen before but I got a feeling, a nagging one that was saying I know who these people are.

"What...is this?" I asked warily.

"From what he says? It's the woman your father had you with and possibly a sibling of yours. He looks young and has similar features to the woman" Eros explained and all I could do was sit and stare at the photo.

This was the woman who had resigned my life into the hands of a man who wanted no part of me in the slightest. What was I supposed to feel?

I wasn't happy or angry, I felt nothing as I stared at this photo. I felt like I didn't know enough to have any kind of input...I felt kind of empty about the whole thing really.

"And your brother helped him" Eros finishing his sentence brought me back as I looked to him.

"Why do all of this?" I asked and Eros shrugged.

"Silver needs an alliance, I'm not sure why but it seems to be the entire reason for everything he's done so far. He's so hung up on this quid pro quo bullshit that he went through the trouble to do it. I can usually tell when someone is pulling my leg but with Silver, it didn't seem like it and I just felt like I should help him" Eros explained and I gave a small sigh.

"I...see" I muttered and not wanting to see the photo anymore, I pushed it back towards Eros.

"Are you mad?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, slightly confused, but not mad" I said.

"He knows where she is...if you want to take the opportunity to meet her, it's possible" Eros said and that's where I found myself detaching myself from the conversation.

It felt like my entire being was rejecting the fact that this woman existed, along with someone who may be another brother of mine. I couldn't help the frown that crossed my face as I answered.