Rain

[A/N]: Happy belated bday to my son, Cole 🥳🥳😆😆

C o l e

"Guess we're done for now" I said as I put my pencil down. Our project was basically finished, we just had to type up a citations page and turn it in next week.

Myles nodded as he began to pack his things up. I'd usually offer to walk home with him but after the recent events and knowing that my head is being sought by some random partial family member, I was less inclined to make that stretch.

Even now as we walked out, I felt uneasy letting Myles go off by himself but I just decided that playing the protector isn't my job anymore, and hasn't been for quite some time.

"Goodnight" I said as we made it to the cross way and Myles was quick to gain a confused expression.

"You're not going to walk with me?" He asked. I was hoping he wouldn't question it but I guess that was too much to ask. Myles does seem to have a question for everything but not many answers.

"Ah..."

I didn't know what to say.

Myles narrowed his eyes at me and pursed his lips as he looked up at me.

"Come on, what happened to 'it's always good to have some with you'?" He asked and I let out a dry chuckle.

"Using my own words against me..." I muttered and Myles grinned.

"Yup" he said and I tried to think of a reason that only the heavens would know but just then, something wet dripped on my face.

A few more drips and suddenly it was pouring down on us.

"Shit, the forecast didn't say it was going to rain" Myles cursed and the chill that went down my spine had me cursing in my head as well.

It was probably only thirty degrees right now so this rain and the cold was not doing well for either of us. We could get sick if we stayed out here for too long...

"Come on, my house isn't too far" Myles left no room for objections as he grabbed my hand and started running towards the direction of his house.

Doing my best not to slip on any puddles as we ran, I felt like it was only getting colder as we ran through the rain. Why does this have to happen now of all times?

Once we reached Myles home, I found myself standing in the foyer, soaked and uncomfortable. Myles was squeezing the water out of his shirt but I decided against that, finding it kind of rude to do in someone else's abode.

"Stay here til the rain stops. I doubt it's safe for anyone to travel out there" Myles said as he looked outside the window at the onslaught of pouring rain.

I wouldn't want to make anyone come and get me, especially not with this rain seeming like it's only going to get worse.

"Thanks" was all I could say, not exactly feeling too comfortable being in the home of someone I've only known for a month.

I didn't think too much about it though, Myles was being kind enough to allow me to stay here so I just figured it'd be okay to indulge in his offer til the rain dies down.

"Uh...you should shower and get out of those wet clothes. We're almost the same size so lending you some of mine shouldn't be a problem" Myles said and I shook my head.

"You should go first, this is your place after all" I said but Myles just dismissed my concerns.

"It's alright, there's another bathroom in my room. You can use the spare" he said and with no other rebuttal, I backed down.

Loving the RIGHT Brother जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें