Reunion

E r o s

"No" I said monotonously into the phone that was pressed against my ear.

"Eros, it's been too long, you can't still be upset" Auntie Leila said.

"I can and I am" I said bluntly and I heard the woman suck her teeth.

"You're such a stubborn child" she said and I just kept quiet, not wanting to say anything that would open any doors for more conversation on the topic of me visiting her.

"Carter misses you more than anything you know?" She said and I shrugged even though she couldn't see it.

"He has ways to come visit. He's old enough to drive now after all" I said.

"Doesn't mean that he can" Auntie Leila muttered.

Deciding to cut things short, I cleared my throat.

"I have things to attend to. I'll talk to you later" I said.

"Alright" was all I heard before the click of the phone sounded.

"Love you too" I said sarcastically before putting my phone back in my pocket.

I didn't feel bad for not giving in, I just really didn't want to see her. Deep inside, I just couldn't get over what she did, even if it was some stupid joke of hers.

I've visited her maybe once or twice but it was reluctant, the visits being holiday related and even then I didn't want to go over there.

I continued to walk down the street that was busy, my intentions being to head to the coffee shop for a cup but my phone was suddenly going off again and I wondered why I seemed to be in high demand today.

"What, Harvey?" I said.

"Eros, we have a problem" he said and I shook my head.

"Just the thing I love to hear at ten in the morning" I said.

"Well, when I say 'we' I mean you" he said and that's when I stopped walking for a second.

"What?" I said and Harvey cleared his throat.

"Silver Hawthorne is here" he said and my lips pursed.

"And why is that a problem?" I asked.

"He's with Noel"

Those words sort of fucked with my brain as I tried to wrap my head around the meaning of that sentence.

Now wait just a damn minute...why is Noel with Silver? How do they know each other? Why do they know each other?

"I'm on my way" I said before hanging up and turning on my heel, heading back in the direction of my parked car.

All I could think about as I drove was what intentions Silver had by finding Noel. Was he going to use him as some kind of bait? I couldn't give a shit about what he did to Noel to be honest, but then that would make Cole mad at me if I let anything happen to Noel...

Damn.

When I finally made it to the house, I walked in and Silver was sitting there with Noel practically glued (uncomfortable might I add) by his side.

I already hate the looks of this.

"Hey there friend" Silver said with a wave as I walked up to the two.

"This is extremely weird for me...how do you two know each other?" I asked suspiciously and Silver gave a grin.

"Oh we're really close buddies. Like this" he said before making a hole shape with one hand and sticking his finger through it.