23

Jongho's dad was driving down the road. He was on the job. He had been called to check out a suspicious car. The car was driving recklessly.

As he drove he sighed thinking about today's date. He glanced at his phone. On the screen it displayed a picture of Jongho.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do much today. I'll be home soon." He said to his phone.

He worked a lot but he still wanted to spend all the time he could with his two boys. He hoped that maybe he could make it up to Jongho for missing his birthdays and other exciting things like his first game. There wasn't much he could do.

Suddenly he got a call. He answered, "hello?"

"Officer Choi?" The caller had said. It was one of his colleagues. "Your son was involved in an accident. He's at the hospital."

He could barely respond. He was in shock. He quickly turned his car around and rushed to the hospital.

-

Yunhos mom was sitting in the living room as she normally did waiting for her sons arrival. But it was getting late and Yunho wasn't answering his phone. She walked back and forth, pacing through the house. "Why aren't you answering.." she said as she tried to call Jongho knowing they rode together. Jongho didn't answer either.

Suddenly she got a phone call from Jongho's father.

"Officer Choi?" She asked. She ran out the door once she heard the news.

-

That next morning Yunho woke up in the hospital. He groaned and looked around. His eyes were still blurry and tired.

"Oh omg.. Yunho." Yunho could recognize that voice from anywhere.

"Eomma.. where.. what happened." He responded.

"Oh honey.. you got into a car accident last night. Are you okay? Does anything hurt?" She said as her eyes filled with tears.

Yunho laid in confusion before remembering everything. "Jongho. Where's Jongho?" He asked sitting up frantically.

"Son." His dad said walking into the room. "Yunho how are you? I heard about the accident last night." He said in a suspiciously worried voice.

Yunho sighed and laid back down in annoyance. "How am I? I could've died." Yunho had never heard his dad sound concerned for him before.

"Yunho!" Gunho said and ran to give Yunho a hug.

"Be gentle. He's just woken up." His mom warned Gunho in a caring tone.

"Yunho can take it." His dad said slightly ruining the mood as always.

"Sorry eomma." Gunho said but didn't wanna let go of Yunho.

Yunho smiled and let Gunho hug him. "Eomma is Jongho okay?"

"Your friend was involved too? You should be more careful driving." His father scolded.

"The light was green. We were-" Yunho started but decided not to explain himself to someone who only wanted to ridicule him.

"Jongho is here too I think he broke something but he's lucky that's all that happened." His mom said.