36

Yunho got out of the shower and looked in the mirror. He sighed. Christmas would be so much better if his dad wasn't there. He wasn't sure why his mom still talked to him since the divorce was so bad. He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard his mom yell for his help in the kitchen. He finished getting ready and went down to his mom. He made sure to wear a shirt that covered the bruises.

"I'm here mom." He said as he walked into the kitchen.

She handed him a bowl of yogurt and fruit for him to eat. Something she normally ate for breakfast. He ate some watching her grab different foods from the fridge. "What are you making for dinner?" He asked.

"Did you at least use protection?" She asked out of the blue while she chopped some vegetables.

Yunho choked a little on his food. "Mom what?!"

"What?.. Is that how it works when you're gay?" She asked.

"Mom what are you talking about?" Yunho tried to act innocent but he knew he was caught.

"Nothing nothing I'm just making sure my baby is safe." His mom replied as if it was obvious.

"How did you know.." He mumbled a little annoyed. She always caught him off guard.

"Yuyu I'm an adult. I know just as much as you if not more. How do you think I popped out two babies?" She said and gave him some vegetables to chop.

"Okay. what are you cooking?" He changed the subject. Yunho shook his head trying to forget what his mom just said.

They both began to cook the dinner they were having. It was essentially a stew with plenty of side dishes. Yunho wanted to ask why his dad had to come over but he knew his mom thought it was important that he still see his dad.

"Don't tell dad okay?" He said out of the blue.

"About what? You having sex? I don't even talk to your dad like that anymore." She asked confused.

"No just about Mingi in general.. he'll just bother me about it." He replied.

"Oh. Don't worry hun I won't tell him." She said

"Okay but mom you say that but you always tell him my business." He squinted not really trusting his mom.

"Well he is your dad-" She started.

He interrupted, "Yeah but he already can't stand the fact that I'm gay. He'll lose it if I have a boyfriend."

"I won't tell him sweetie. Although I am proud of you for getting the boy." She said.

Yunho shook his head. He could remember all the times that his mom told his dad about things. He loved his mom but she was still a mom.

Eventually the rest of the family made it. They all said their Christmas greetings and went to the living room.

"The food is almost done! I'll go set the table." Their mom said and went to the kitchen.

Gunho followed his mother into the kitchen to look at the food. Leaving Yunho and his father in the living room.

Yunho tried his best not to make eye contact. He kept his eyes on his phone. But he could feel his father watching.