35

After dropping off the others, Seonghwa was headed to drop Hongjoong off. It was a little quiet in the car as they were both tired.

"Can I ask something?" Hongjoong started to say, "I don't wanna sound rude but.. you and yeosang.."

Seonghwa interrupted. "We were acting different tonight?" He guessed.

Hongjoong nodded hoping he didn't say the wrong thing. Seonghwa seemed annoyed by the topic.

"We.. we broke up." Seonghwa sighed. He still wasn't over it. He wanted to cry but not in front of Hongjoong.

"Wait really? Oh my god I'm so sorry seonghwa. Are you okay?" Hongjoong wasn't sure why he asked that. Of course seonghwa wasn't okay. He wasn't the best at comforting people but he felt really bad. He knew seonghwa liked yeosang a lot.

"I'm hurt.. but I'm fine. I'll be okay." Seonghwa said plainly. He was lying but he was trying to bury his emotions.

"I'm surprised. You guys seemed inseparable." The younger said softly.

"So did woosan.. I feel more sympathy for San now. Some people just aren't what they seem." The older sighed.

Hongjoong nodded. "I guess you're right. Well.. if you need anything I'm here."

"You don't have to worry about it. I guess I did it to myself. I should've expected it." Seonghwa shrugged.

"Don't say that." Hongjoong frowned. "How did it happen? If you don't mind me asking."

Seonghwa had finally made it to hongjoongs house and parked. He sighed. "I guess I don't mind."

Hongjoong sounded more caring than seonghwa had expected. He and hongjoong had known each other for a long time but they hadn't ever really had serious conversations.

Seonghwa stayed quiet for a moment thinking about the break up. He didn't actually get to process how sudden it was. "We came home from a date and he... told me he didn't like me anymore... actually he said he never liked me in the first place..." Once he started explaining it he felt more embarrassed about it.

Hongjoong knew yeosang was pretty toxic but he was surprised. "You mean.. he pretended to like you?" He asked genuinely.

Seonghwa nodded looking away. "Because he wanted to make Mingi jealous."

"What the fuck- seonghwa I'm so sorry." Hongjoong said looking at seonghwa.

Seonghwa couldn't help it anymore. He looked down as tears began to stream down his face. "I'm sorry." He apologized for crying.

"No don't apologize. If you need to cry it's okay." He said. "But you need to see to drive." Hongjoong gently lifted seonghwa's head and wiped his tears. "It's my fault for asking so much. I'm sorry. I just thought you weren't acting like yourself so I needed to know if you were okay."

Seonghwa shook his head. "No joong it actually felt good to get it off my chest. I haven't told anyone yet."

"Really? Well if you want to talk more or just need company I'm here okay?" Hongjoong insisted.

Seonghwa nodded. It got quiet. They both were thinking about the break up.

"Well I'll get going then since it's late." Hongjoong said breaking the silence and opening the car door.

"Wait.." seonghwa stopped him. "I wouldn't mind company tonight.. if you don't mind of course."

"Oh actually I don't mind at all." Hongjoong said getting back in the car.

They had both went to seonghwa's place. Seonghwa opened the door. He lived in a small house in the area.

"Don't be too loud okay?" Seonghwa said as he let hongjoong in.

Hongjoong nodded and seonghwa led him to the kitchen where he got some alcohol and glasses. "Since I didn't really drink tonight."

Hongjoong nodded and helped him take it to his room. Seonghwa poured them both some and they both drank. They sat on a rug that was on the floor in his room.

"You have a small cozy home." Hongjoong commented.

Seonghwa drank his glass quickly. "Thank you. It's nothing special though."

"It just feels comfy and safe I guess. My house doesn't have those vibes so I notice them." He explained.

"Thanks." Seonghwa said again.

"Sorry that's not what we are here to talk about." The younger apologized.

"No no. I just like company don't worry about that." Seonghwa said with a small smile.

"Right.. I'm sorry you had to come to the party and pretend everything was okay. I know that must've been tough." Hongjoong commented.

"Yeah but I can't do anything about it now but get over it." He downed another glass before pouring himself another.

Hongjoong shook his head and took away the bottle. "You'll hate yourself in the morning."

"Future me will worry about that."

Hongjoong chuckled at seonghwa's reply still guarding the alcohol.

"You know.. it's really embarrassing.. knowing that someone you liked so much was using you but it's worse when it's yeosang." The older mumbled as he drank more.

"Don't beat yourself up over it. Love is confusing. I know I haven't figured it out either." Hongjoong patted his back.

"Yeah but I liked him so much for some reason.. I should've known he wouldn't be good for me." Seonghwa pouted.

Seonghwa leaned on hongjoong finally putting his glass down. Hongjoong put an arm around him.

"What if no one ever likes me.." Seonghwa said softly before sobbing into hongjoong shoulder. He was pretty drunk by now. It didn't help the pain at all. 

Hongjoong just held seonghwa as he cried. He couldn't help but cry as well. He felt really bad for seonghwa. Eventually seonghwa stopped crying and started falling asleep.

"Hwa~ you should get in bed." Hongjoong said helping seonghwa up and helping him in the bed. "I'll get some blankets to sleep on the floor." He added. Seonghwa had a small bed anyways.

Seonghwa whined and grabbed hongjoongs hand. "Stay.." he mumbled.

Hongjoong laughed at bit. "You're so cute when you're drunk. How have I never seen you like this."

Seonghwa pulled hongjoong onto the bed.

"Okay okay~ if you insist sleepy head." He said patting seonghwa's head and got in bed with him. Seonghwa hugged hongjoongs waist and they both fell asleep.

____________________________________________________

Finally some seongjoong. Seonghwa will make it through with hongjoong on his side. I hope y'all enjoyed.

Thanks for reading!